Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was hoping to get some insight from people that have used both, or that ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

328iGuy no está en línea Stack level 1

SplashID vs DataVault (Password Software)

Advertisement

I was hoping to get some insight from people that have used both, or that use one or the other now on a regular basis.

I am planning on purchasing one or the other in the next day or so and was hoping to get pointed in thee right direction by users of the software.

Thanks a lot

jorgeg.ledes no está en línea Developer

Re: SplashID vs DataVault (Password Software)

Datavault, hands down, I'm registered with MiniSafe, Splash ID, and Datavault, and trust me Datavaul rules
    Best regards

Jorge Ledesma
    PIN 2440BE7C

www.blackberrygtd.com

Quote Originally Posted by jorgeg.ledes View Post
    Datavault, hands down, I'm registered with MiniSafe, Splash ID, and Datavault, and trust me Datavaul rules

Looks like a I need to look into DataVault some more.

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3

I played with both, and for the device, I prefer DataVault. I kind of like the desktop component of SplashID over DataVault's.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ another vote for DataVault here.

matthiasj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243C4CBB

datavault is great i love it, the desktop app works great and syncing it is to convenient

tomvb2000 no está en línea Stack level 3

I compared both and ended up giving DataVault the advantage. It works very well on both the device and PC like others have said. I'm happy with it. I've had PasswordsPlus for years and DataVault gave the most flexibility for migrating all the PasswordsPlus data I had. That part was easy.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)-->Tour (9630)

smithwe1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24472A10

I have not found any of the password storage programs for the Blackberry to be worth the money. I migrated from a Windows Mobile device and used Ewallet. It was far superior to any that are available now. Flexwallet for Blackbery is combining with Ewallet early this year. I am holding out to see if that
    is a better solution.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

I'm plenty pleased with Splash ID... the new updates are solid and it's been perfectly responsive for me since my Treo days...

Never even thought of leaving the program

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

kurrupt_1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23AEA032

Datavault by far supasses my expectations. The UI is a breeze to use all the way up to customer support. Desktop functionality and syncing a piece of cake.I've tried the rest and stuck to the best!

~via BB8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well I must say. I chose DataVault over SplashID and this application is by far superior IMHO.

It's desktop application I found to be much more configurable and user friendly and the layout far superior for what I want to use it for.

Great job Ascendo!

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Datavault all the way for the reason of one having a backup on your PC and two for being able to configure new entries on the PC instead of the BB which makes life easier

tomvb2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I agree with all the DataVault comments.

I did a trial of both SplashID and DataVault on my 8300 Curve and decided to go with DataVault. One of the important things to me was being able to easily transfer the 350 PasswordsPlus records I had on my 700p. The DataVault csv importer was the most flexible and made it very, very simple.

In addition, the way they do the trial was nice. Instead of a fixed number of days to do the trial like other apps, they give you a fixed number of runs. That's better so you can use it at your leisure and get a good feel for how it works.

Finally, the integration with the OS was very nature and well done and they give you many options to customize it the way you like. Like many others, I'm going to be very happy with this purchase.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)-->Tour (9630)

dbh1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    do any of these providers allow for some type of wireless sync or allow you to delegate certain categories to your assistant but not others?

dbh1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    To follow up on my own question, has anyone had success storing their Splash or Datavault data file on an internet drive or other type of shared drive and accessing from multiple computers. I would like to have access to the data from both home and work and (at least with splash), the mobile version is very slow (i assume for encryption) and, of course, I couldn't cut and paste into my computer from my blackberry easily.

Any thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast