from what i'm hearing is that ss will be in the app world sooner than ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3

SocialScope on BB App World *RUMOR*

Advertisement

from what i'm hearing is that ss will be in the app world sooner than later. i was gonna guess it was sslite, but it looks like a twitter only version....where sslite has facebook as well.

fire up the rumor mill.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i wish i still had the original ss where you could separate by tabs...

when they released the lite version for testing, i was bummed but figured this meant they would prob release a "paid" version .. guess we will see?

yeah, i'd guess the original version is going to be paid(?) and the lite isn't....however, like i said, the one that is going to app world looks to just be twitter and not twitter and facebook like sslite is.

...yeah...i guess we'll see.

the one on the app world will be free and the other weird thing, is that it has "news" and "friends" at the top. don't know what that means.

and this is confirmed. so if you missed out on invites, you should be good to go soon.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I had the original SS til the update came and it turned out to be SS lite... I still have the tabs at the top for FB and Twitter...

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Interesting...

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    if they go pay thats wack i think, but meh cause then if they make people update to the new one and then they wont be able to run it and will have to pay then why make people sign up for invites ?...

at the end of the day makes no point if u ask me should just stay free for both versions

Quote Originally Posted by briana1988 View Post
    if they go pay thats wack i think, but meh cause then if they make people update to the new one and then they wont be able to run it and will have to pay then why make people sign up for invites ?...

at the end of the day makes no point if u ask me should just stay free for both versions
    i think a free basic version and a more robust version that would cost money makes perfect sense. i don't develop programs or anything, but doesn't investing months and hundreds of hours into something deserve some sort of compensation?? it's not like this is some app that was put together in a couple of hours.

i for one appreciate if people make something when i can't...and if it's an app that i like or is useful to me, i'll pay for it. just rewarding hard work.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Good point ^^^

I think that's the way will work, a lite free app and full paid one.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

yeah, it's going to be free on app world, so i would guess, if you download that one, you'll have the option to upgrade for $$

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by aldie View Post
    yeah, it's going to be free on app world, so i would guess, if you download that one, you'll have the option to upgrade for $$
    Sure will be that way, when will be available?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

no idea. sooooooon is all i know.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I missed the original invitation so I'll be interested to ty ANY version just to compare to all the others. I agree that, if it works well, etc., that compensation for their hard work is deserved. What I don't like is developers who "sling' an ap together, rush to market too soon and charge for it too. That's a bad combination.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I missed the original invitation so I'll be interested to ty ANY version just to compare to all the others. I agree that, if it works well, etc., that compensation for their hard work is deserved. What I don't like is developers who "sling' an ap together, rush to market too soon and charge for it too. That's a bad combination.
    haha, well everyone knows socialscope didn't sling anything together!! it's been MONTHS!! haha.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    That's for sure. They MUST be being VERY careful to put together a great product!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com