I'm quite sure I'm probably posting this in the wrong spot. If so, I apologize. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Jodiiii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22C9BCFE

Slacker or Pandora?

Advertisement

I'm quite sure I'm probably posting this in the wrong spot. If so, I apologize.

Just a quick question..I'm looking for opinions. For those that have tried both..which radio app do you prefer? Slacker or Pandora? I downloaded both to try them out. So far, I think I'm liking Pandora just a bit more. Opinions, please? Thanks!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Actually I have slacker,pandora,nobex and iheartradio installed and like all 4. I switch between them and enjoy different features on different ones. The best way to decide is test them all yourself and decide which has the features that are right for you.

pigigi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Can either of you point me in the right direction to find these? I'm looking for a good radio app.

jakaro no está en línea Stack level 3
    Nobex will start to charge a monthly fee so I didn't get it. Slacker is nice but I get alot of the same tunes. I like iheartradio. Its real radio stations
    Look like pandora won't work for the storm yet. ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by jakaro; 03-26-2009 at 02:50 AM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by pigigi View Post
    Can either of you point me in the right direction to find these? I'm looking for a good radio app.
    Slacker, sign up for account via PC the download: http://www.slacker.com/

iheartradio: http://iheartradio.com/

nobexRC: http://www.nobexrc.com/download/

pandora for blackberry: http://www.pandora.com/

flycast: http://www.flycast.fm/blackberry/download/flycast.jad
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodiiii View Post
    I'm quite sure I'm probably posting this in the wrong spot. If so, I apologize.

Just a quick question..I'm looking for opinions. For those that have tried both..which radio app do you prefer? Slacker or Pandora? I downloaded both to try them out. So far, I think I'm liking Pandora just a bit more. Opinions, please? Thanks!
    Pandora is smaller in size and faster load times, shorter buffering. Slacker has more features like artist/album info, cache feature for loading songs on your memory card. But to have the added features requires a much bigger app, so it takes up more memory. I have both and also use NobexRC, iheartradio, and berrytunes and for a certain couple stations will use moodioFM but that is the least used.

SO the biggest things are performance, memory usage, and your happiness with what you hear. Sometimes it's different from device to device as far as what works best. Like for me I can't get flycast to play any station for longer than 40 seconds before to pauses to buffer for another 40 seconds. Each time they update I try again, but it jut doesn't work for me. Others with the same device and OS, it works flawlessly

So what works for you?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Instrumentality no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22C7107B

Pandora let me down.

I installed Pandora, and would be listening to it right now, but it complains that it doesn't support my phone. (8800). I installed Slacker, and it works great. Sound quality is actually quite decent and the EQ is great especially for my 8800 and the crappy headphones I have on it.

I think someone earlier said that Slacker was the more intensive app (maybe I need to read again to make sure I didn't have that backwards), if so, what's the deal Pandora? My phone isn't THAT old.

rxmaker1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Request
    I use nobex (nonupdated), moodio, and Pandora. Pandora is hands down my fav. I too have an unsupported device but it works flawlessly for music that is tailored to my taste without any lag or songs being repeated over and over. The features a completely different. Nobex is nice if you want to stream your fav FM stations. Still looking for a good AM app for talk shows.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Thank you so much AZ! You're the best. I never really tried any of these apps but you know, I'm really enjoying Pandora. It loads so freaking fast; it's amazing. Well, at least on my beast 8310 on AT&T . Another reason to keep my 8310 a bit longer . Thanks again! You guys rock