Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

This is very weird. If I so much as install Adblock Plus on FF on ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

This is very weird. If I so much as install Adblock Plus on FF on this laptop, Slacker ceases to work. Yet on my other laptop I have Adblock plus, a flash blocker and several other add-ins that I had (identical to this machine) and I have NO PROBLEM with the that one at all. Both are Win XP, sp3, etc. Who knows? Now I'm REALLY gonna quit fooling with it for a while!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

synthalo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c93ad
    I tried to download it but my IT policy wouldnt allow it internet access. I was a little pissed. Does anyone know a way around this?

I don't but be careful if you find a workaround. Breaking a company policy thing could be dangerous to your job.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

wahtx no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    wahtx, I don't know what the problem is but try going to your browser>options and checking every possibility in there starting with support javascript on down. Also make sure you have your TCP/APN setting correct. Options>advance options>TCP - check here for a setting. Post back if that doesn't help.
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Your BES policy may be blocking your access.
    I sent a message to one of our BES admins that I know asking for the web proxy portion of the policy to be removed from my phone, but since I did not get a reply, I figured it fell on deaf ears...Well, I guess he answered me because I tried re-installing it about a week ago just for the heck of it and the darn thing loaded and started working perfectly!

Thanks for all of your help! (a little trust to each!)
    WAHTX

“If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1000 MPG!"

~Bill Gates~

wahtx no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by synthalo View Post
    I tried to download it but my IT policy wouldnt allow it internet access. I was a little pissed. Does anyone know a way around this?

Other than asking them to do it...there is no away around the policy...if you remove the policy from your phone, the phone will not work correctly...you would have to add it back to the BES in order to work properly in which case, the policy would re-apply itself. It's a vicious circle!
    WAHTX

“If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1000 MPG!"

~Bill Gates~

oneilgur no está en línea Stack level 1
    I need help I live in jamaica and I saw this guy and he wAs flanting slacker on his device I ask him to tell how to enjoy slacker on my device but all he said read some more.when I try to sign in this meaase appears, errow creating the account can some one help me please.thanks in advance.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Has anyone listemed to Slacker thru Bluetooth stereo headphones? I use my S9's and that, plus the app(even in cache mode with no signal) seriously Lags my phone
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

redman3170 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305CB049
    Hopefully someone can help me with this app! I have downloaded it 3 times and battery pulled and cleaned the cache! And still nothing! I have the 8300 v4.5.0.37(Platform 2.7.0.55)! Can anyone help! If it makes a difference I have a 8gb micro SD card in my bb!

Quote Originally Posted by redman3170 View Post
    Hopefully someone can help me with this app! I have downloaded it 3 times and battery pulled and cleaned the cache! And still nothing! I have the 8300 v4.5.0.37(Platform 2.7.0.55)! Can anyone help! If it makes a difference I have a 8gb micro SD card in my bb!
    Redman, Why don't you post exactly what your progress is, each step, as you go through the process. Does the pgm successfully load? What happens when you execute, attempt to log in, etc. The only slow part of this seems to be the 1st login - after that it works well for most all users.

PIN/ID
    305CB049
    1) Download app
    2) It says the app is installed ok or run.
    3) I do a battery pull.
    4) Clean cache.
    5) Run the app.
    6) The app does'nt run just sits there.
    7) That's all it does!

Have you tried pressing menu? If so, do you get options? Can you Escape out of it alright? Have you tried going to the Slacker site on your p-c? If so, does that work ok - can you log in to it?

PIN/ID
    305CB049
    The app doesn't run at all! It doesn't even move from the home screen of my phone! And I haven't went to the Slacker site on the p-c!

It's been so long since I've initiated this ap I don't remember much about the order or the process.

See you you can get on the Slacker site, log in and use it on your p-c. I don't think that will make anything work on your BB at least you'll have a sign in and know what it is when we figure out why it's not executing on you BB.

PIN/ID
    305CB049
    I will try as soon as I get home!

PIN/ID
    305CB049
    Haven't made it home yet since it is beautiful outside! But thinking out loud to myself, why doesn't the app run? All I get is the home screen!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast