Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It's safe to leave your firewall off or just leave it off long enough to ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

It's safe to leave your firewall off or just leave it off long enough to allow this app to connect and then re-enable it.

PIN/ID
    3198998E
    Dude you do know this is a music app, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    I was thinking that Slacker and QuickPull were the same!? My mistake Slacker reboots my phone faster than QuickPull. I just might use Slacker instead........

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I think he was making a joke of how Slacker reboots his phone.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I think he was making a joke of how Slacker reboots his phone.
    Yeaaaa, 50 Cobra Fang points to Erica!! My post is a Joke about Slacker, however it's no joke about the speed of Slacker reboots.

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Quote Originally Posted by metalroger View Post
    Dude you do know this is a music app, don't you?
    lmao

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    This app has worked well for me so far, no reboots, cached channel saved. The only thing is that when I choose to play a cached station I still get the data arrows as if it is streaming and if I stop it and turn off the radio, then tell it again to play the cached channel, it plays different songs. Kinda weird..... So it's like the cache won't play if I have good signal, it streams instead.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

toomuchgame441 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30457A4C
    I still haven't tinkered with the cached station part. Waiting on that 4gb card
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pblakney no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've noticed that Slacker cuts songs off and does not play the whole selection, don't know if that is a buffer issue or not.

PIN/ID
    3198998E
    Yeah, I think that's just a buffer thing. I listen to the chill channel and trance channels and those songs are 7 minutes plus and it hasn't skipped on me. And I also haven't had any issue with the rebooting.

Sorry cobra, you caught me on my way to bed, I didn't quite catch onto the sarcasm. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by metalroger View Post
    Yeah, I think that's just a buffer thing. I listen to the chill channel and trance channels and those songs are 7 minutes plus and it hasn't skipped on me. And I also haven't had any issue with the rebooting.

Sorry cobra, you caught me on my way to bed, I didn't quite catch onto the sarcasm. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Not a problem at all my friend. I do that way too much, I'm told....
    I try to keep things as light as possible. It's my revenge for the sucky stuff in the world.

On another note, those that have problems, if you could please post your BB model and OS version, We would TYVM !

I'm using a 8830WE with OS 4.5.0.101

Maybe, together we can solve these problems and report them to Slacker to make a product we all love.....
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

Forgot 1 last thing....Yes BOTH my BB and my brain are using BETA software. Please excuse us for....cough, glitch, bugs.....
    BUGS? OMG! Don't tell my fiance!!!
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~No probs here on BOLD OS 4.6.0.210

sbrown712 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've been playing with this a couple of days and it's OK.I havent figured out if it's free or just a trial. I have cached a couple of stations but when I came back to listen again the stations weren't there. Before I closed the app the stations were in the cached file and were marked with the C on their icon. The make your own station seems cool too but it only played one song by the artist I typed in.
    It's worth trying for a few more days.

After reading the other thread I see that using the cache requires hooking up to the PC. That didn't work for me either. It told me to disconnect from PC or disable mass storage(?). Volume is low compared to Flycast but it's OK. Yes, I used headphones.
    Last edited by sbrown712; 01-11-2009 at 04:12 AM.
    pin: 2488CO6E
    Member of the East Coast Night Owl Club

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrown712 View Post
    I've been playing with this a couple of days and it's OK.I havent figured out if it's free or just a trial. I have cached a couple of stations but when I came back to listen again the stations weren't there. Before I closed the app the stations were in the cached file and were marked with the C on their icon. The make your own station seems cool too but it only played one song by the artist I typed in.
    It's worth trying for a few more days.

After reading the other thread I see that using the cache requires hooking up to the PC. That didn't work for me either. It told me to disconnect from PC or disable mass storage(?). Volume is low compared to Flycast but it's OK. Yes, I used headphones.

It is free, the trial offered is for the version with no ads, unlimited skips etc.

For the Create a Station, I have used it several times and it plays songs from the artist you chose and from several other similarly styled artists. It has always played my requested artist at least every 3rd or 4th song and had others mixed in.

For the cached music, after you hook your BB to the computer via usb, enable mass storage mode, and there should be a box that pops up, mine says BlackBerry (F Sync Slacker Stations using the program provided on the device, click OK. Then the Slacker station loader will pop up, it will update previously cached stations with new music and will load new stations you have cached to your media card. Then after disconnecting from your computer you can then use the app to listen to the cached stations.

Hope this helps
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

toomuchgame441 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30457A4C
    Does the cached stations work like me just picking a artist and playing (name here) radio? Is there any further customizations like maybe ONLY letting that artist play for that radio station?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast