I was looking for mobile Skype and I stumbled across iSkoot . This is a ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

djlitez no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241C50A0

Post Skype on your BB

Advertisement

I was looking for mobile Skype and I stumbled across iSkoot. This is a 3rd party that allows you to use skype on your BB. I have been using it for 4 months on my 8320 and it works absolutely amazing. I can keep in touch with my family in Canada and it costs me pennies (compared to the amount I talk on the phone).

Your skype phone list appears and you can use it to call other skype users, international landlines or mobile phones, and simply any other skype out call. The only thing with skype out calls is that you might have to purchase a skype out calling plan. I currently have unlimited skype out calling to mobile phones and landlines within Canada and the US and it costs just about $3 a month. (Can sign up on skype.com)

How it works?
    iSkoot re-routes your call via a US access number (uses up minutes) and it keeps your BB connected to skype's server through your data service. You can use your blackberry just like making any other phone call and the quality is exceptional.

Go to iskoot.com for downloads. Please check to make sure your device is compatible.

peterme no está en línea Stack level 3
    iSkoot is good if you want a free app but IM+ Skype is way better, but you have to buy it.

calie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25536C9D
    hi guys
    if your on a anytime date bundle is iskoot free to use
    like if you want to talk to someone else with either iskoot on there cell or skype on the laptop?
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
    .... Eleanor Roosevelt

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    You have to use a US access number... Well, there is where I get stuck.. I'm not in the US. There goes that idea out the window. It would be cool if your BB could connect to the internet to make free or cheap calls. I remember back in my days you could call US and Canada for free via internet, all you needed was a PC, internet, mic., and speakers... Anybody remember that? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

fcaesarn no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Carter View Post
    You have to use a US access number... Well, there is where I get stuck.. I'm not in the US. There goes that idea out the window. It would be cool if your BB could connect to the internet to make free or cheap calls. I remember back in my days you could call US and Canada for free via internet, all you needed was a PC, internet, mic., and speakers... Anybody remember that? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm not in the US to, I have tried once calling other skype user from iskoot, and it was automatically directed to the iskoot server in the US through the BB dialler.. and it cost me a minute of international call to do so... I wonder if the iskoot could transfer voice over BIS..

If somebody call me from PC skype, the answer will be bussy. is there any additional setting to answer that call??