Ok Im losing it. I keep hoping for a BB application that will allow me ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jpodraza no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    202B98F9

Skype Chat on a BB...AKA why is this so difficult

Advertisement

Ok Im losing it. I keep hoping for a BB application that will allow me to chat with my 7100 over Skype. When I find Skype. They all require Skype to be running on my PC.

If that was possible I wouldnt need it on my BB.

I don't care about the VOIP part just text based chat.

Thanks for reading. I feel better now. If anyone has a suggestion please let me know.

Im Jeff and I approve this message.

JP
    BlackBerry 7100g
    New Pin -->> 202B98F9

senna174 no está en línea Stack level 2
    and this is one of the reason that I am getting rid of my 8703e for a Treo 750v with BB connect. Skype is too important.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what is so good about skype, I mean I tried it. I didn't really find anything special about it. Thanks in advance for your reply.

mikew no está en línea Stack level 2
    I love Skype also, I can send send SMS to my fiance in The Philippines and can choose any number for her to reply to. I carry it everywhere on my USB U3 smart drive. I have a SIM card from The Philippines so she texts me there, and I reply either on my Pearl, TMO Dash, or Skype. I just wish Skype would make a version of their software for Smartphones. I feel your pain!

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~so you prefer skype to google talk ? What is the great attraction?

senna174 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Personally, since I travel extensively around the globe. I usually just give out my skype-in number which is a US number, and forward the call to my local sim number which can be any countries in the world. Very usually and cheap.

jpodraza no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    202B98F9
    Is there anything overly special... no... however, I have used Skype for IM for almost 2 years. Most of my work and personal contacts use Skype. Skype is also a port hopper when is comes to use within a network. So most companies cant manage it.

I have 150+ contacts (Im in sales) on Skype worldwide. I dont have nearly that on all other IM networks combined. (I do have user names for AIM, Yahoo, MSN, GTalk, Microsoft LCS, and Skype).
    BlackBerry 7100g
    New Pin -->> 202B98F9

XBGM3R no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDEFC

Re: Skype Chat on a BB...AKA why is this so difficult

Quote Originally Posted by senna174
    and this is one of the reason that I am getting rid of my 8703e for a Treo 750v with BB connect. Skype is too important.
    Senna, why you got rid of 8703e? How did you put bb connect on a treo 750?

mErlin21 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

peterme no está en línea Stack level 3

Skype text is not better than other IMs, the thing is that it has a huge user base. And between regular computers you can use voice for free. I bought the latest IM+ for Skype program for my 8700g which does not need a separate computer running at the same time. I use it a lot with people who don't have any other IM accounts. But it runs my battery down big-time, and it is full of bugs and non-functioning "features". Just today it was crashing my phone. Yesterday I tried changing the alert volume and the control made no difference. Lots of other problems. JiveTalk is said to be adding Skype texting to their product in a month or two. I can't wait!
    Last edited by peterme; 06-08-2007 at 06:54 PM.