Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I signed up as a beta tester hoping for this day! I just received an ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F

Skyfire BB Support!

Advertisement

I signed up as a beta tester hoping for this day! I just received an email from Skyfire that they are currently investigating BB support!
    Here is the email:
    Thank you for your interest in Skyfire. Please read on to find out more about our current and future plans for Skyfire!

THE ROAD SO FAR:
    Since the launch of the Skyfire beta, we have been moving full speed ahead, receiving a strong response and positive feedback from users and the mobile browser community. Beta 1 & 2 is complete with the release of Skyfire 0.6 to Windows Mobile 5 and 6 phones in the U.S.

• We support both touch-screen and non-touch screen Windows Mobile 5 or 6 devices with U.S. based phone numbers.
    • We also support Symbian Series 60 3rd edition phones, specifically:
    Nokia E61i, E61, N73, N75, N76, & N95

THE ROAD AHEAD:
    We are in the process of releasing the Symbian Beta in the U.S. Initially we will support the Symbian Series 60 3rd edition platform on Nokia N-Series and E-Series phones. Lastly, we have plans to introduce our product internationally. It’s just going to take us a little more time to get there.

• We are currently investigating SUPPORT for BLACKBERRY and UIQ, but it's not on our immediate roadmap.

• We would certainly investigate putting Skyfire on the iPhone or the Samsung Instinct when the timing is right.

• Palm OS phones aren't supported, but Windows Mobile phones offered by Palm, like certain Treo models, are fully supported.

• Phones with VGA displays (640 x 480 resolution), will not work properly with the current beta. We support a maximum resolution of 320 x 320 pixels.

For additional updates, please visit us at www.skyfire.com and check out our blog and/or our FAQ.
    Thanks,

Skyfire Support

www.skyfire.com

Skyfire is hiring!

http://www.skyfire.com/about/careers

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I got the same email this morning. Below is the disappointing part of the info!

Quote Originally Posted by dallas1125 View Post
    We are currently investigating SUPPORT for BLACKBERRY and UIQ, but it's not on our immediate roadmap.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah, wow. I never saw that, I just saw investigating support for BB and I went crazy! Lol

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    That would be sweet if they would make us a priority.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Is there anywhere we can email these guys to convince them that the market it there.

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Yeah I almost got real excited. I got a email yesterday with a link to get skyfire. But it was for wm or sym phones. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I've followed this for a while and I get the impression that BB's are way down on their priority. Of couse it never hurts to shoot an email to them. I've sent several. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    We need to show them that the market is here, go to their forums, send emails, anyway for them to find out.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    I agree with what jblackfish said. It is on the road map but way down the road. I think it is a great idea to contact skyfire and show what a huge market this would be. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JoeyStyles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2448ED5B
    What is skyfire~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask me
    It is a browser.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStyles View Post
    What is skyfire~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JoeyStyles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2448ED5B
    Thanks ill check it out on my busted *** windows mobile ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas1125 View Post
    • We are currently investigating SUPPORT for BLACKBERRY and UIQ, but it's not on our immediate roadmap.
    Translation: we're looking for an alternative to rewriting our client application completely from C++ to Java, since it would be way too expensive to justify the cost recoup to do that and to maintain two completely different language codebases.

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Ok, maybe, lol. Let's hope not though

digdoug no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31D73DE7
    I think it would be awsome-it's my wife's default browser on her htc touch and the only way to go if it's available~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast