Hey Guys, Any one a SimulSays visual voicemail user? There was an upgrade to the ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

shaddow no está en línea Stack level 2

Question SimulSays SimulScribe Visual Voicemail Upgrade

Advertisement

Hey Guys,
    Any one a SimulSays visual voicemail user?
    There was an upgrade to the software this week - and I can't figure out what's new.

Anyone know?

Thanks.

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have been looking at this service. What has your experience with it? Don't mean to side track the thread.

shaddow no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The service is great - though other alternatives are coming about - one which is free, I forget the name - can find it later.

But - anyone know what new features have been added?

Thanks.

JamesSiminoff no está en línea Stack level 1
    We changed the back end of the application to make it more scalable in our network. You should see it much more consistantly checking now. If you have any questions email me anytime, jsiminoff@simulscribe.com.

Jamie

James Siminoff, Founder
    SimulScribe/SimulSays

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    I don't see an upgrade. Is this an upgrade to the Simulsays app? Is there a link?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

AL904 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have been using SimulScribe and SimulSays for a couple of months. Except for a couple of problems (Support tickets have been in "Work in progress" status for a couple of weeks,) I have generally been pleased with the Simulscribe service.

I also have a support ticket pending on a problem that I have with the SimulSays Blackberry application. The "Delete Prior" command from the SimulSays application doesn't work. When selected, "Delete Prior" asks me "Are you sure you want to delete this and all prior messages." When I select "Yes," nothing happens.

Regarding an update, I have been using version 1.22.0000.0 for a couple of months. When I go to http://mobile.simulscribe.com with my Blackberry browser, it shows my version is current.

Is anyone else using Simulsays with an 8830? Can you "Delete Prior" from within that program? Is there a newer version of SimulSays posted somewhere?
    AL in Jacksonville Beach, FL
    Using Bold with at&t
    Forum for PTT Users

kazmi no está en línea Stack level 2
    I tried it way back but I had two issues:

it would suck my battery dry a lot sooner

and the player would not play the messages on my VZW BB 8830.

Has the second issue been fixed at all? I know there was a link to a version to use with BBs but that didn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kazmi View Post
    I tried it way back but I had two issues:

it would suck my battery dry a lot sooner

and the player would not play the messages on my VZW BB 8830.

Has the second issue been fixed at all? I know there was a link to a version to use with BBs but that didn't work for me.

The SimulSays player plays my messages on my VZW 8830, and I haven't noticed any battery drain with SimulSays.

Except for the inability to delete old messages, SimulSays works well on my 8830. I read, somewhere, that SimulSays has a one hundred message limit on the Blackberry, and will start deleting the oldest messages when that limit is reached. If that is the case, the inability to delete messages is less of a problem.

My biggest complaint now, with SimulScribe is the length of time that support tickets remain in "Work in Progress" status.
    Using Bold with at&t
    Forum for PTT Users

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It
    One day I'll get a new BB *cough*9000*cough*
    This will be the first application I download to it.

I've tried it on my 8700 in the past and REALLY REALLY liked it, but it doesnt work very well with that phone.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

Update to my inability to delete old messages in SimulSays on my Blackberry. Once I reached that 100 message limit, the ability to delete old messages started working...... sort of. I can now delete all except a couple of old (problem ?) messages. Newer messages will delete, but two or three specific older messages are still there.

BTW, I never heard any more from PhoneTag (f/k/a SimulScribe) Tech Support.
    Using Bold with at&t
    Forum for PTT Users

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Apparently SimulSays is now referred to as PhoneTag, and there is no longer any free service whatsoever. They are exclusively a transcription fee based service now. What are some other good "software answering machine" programs for the BB that store voicemail directly to the BB internal memory?
    Last edited by javijavi; 06-09-2008 at 05:01 PM.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by javijavi View Post
    Apparently SimulSays is now referred to as PhoneTag, and there is no longer any free service whatsoever. They are exclusively a transcription fee based service now. What are some other good "software answering machine" programs for the BB that store voicemail directly to the BB internal memory?
    YouMail is a free voicemail service, they just started their mobile version of YouMail site so you can check voicemails directly on your BB, but not have to store them on your phone taking up space.

Check it out here.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    im still using simulsays on my blackberry and its totally free

sparkyj1462 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have used simulscribe, it was good, the transcribing was touch and go. im using youmail now which is free which is basically the same service but free!!

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    YouMail is a free voicemail service, they just started their mobile version of YouMail site so you can check voicemails directly on your BB, but not have to store them on your phone taking up space.

Check it out here.
    I would actually prefer to take up space since I have a 2gig SD card, rather than have my private voicemails stored on someone elses network. Do you know of a program that allows this?