Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by mizzerrob When I get a notification under the SimulSays app, it gives ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: SimulSays Beta

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mizzerrob
    When I get a notification under the SimulSays app, it gives me the person who called, the number and the option to hear the message. Does that count as an MMS, when SimulSays send me the audio file of the voicemail? If it does, Cingular/AT&T charges me $.40 per MMS message.
    It's a data connection, no SMS is involved, UNLESS you tell SimulScribe to also (in addition to) send you an SMS of the voicemail transcript.

mizzerrob no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks, Flash.

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    I'm using it. I am having some trouble with it, but other than that I love it. I am thinking it has to be free (b/c I don't transcribe either) since they don't have my credit card information.

I have some questions into tech support right now.

Some of my problems so far:
    (a) duration on the calls showed up as 0:00, so I couldn't listen to them in the program, but has since "fixed itself" because now they show up;
    (b) my Beyond411, OperaMini and BBweather get a "malformed address-returning null connection" whenever it tries to find something - while my BB Browser, JiveTalk, GoogleMaps, TZones and Gmail all work; and
    (c) i'm not receiving SMS and Email notifications like I supposed to.

Again, tech support and I have been going back and forth over emails. They should be calling me today. They have been very good about responding.

One of the questions I have into them is if it truely is free if you don't inscribe. My guess is that it will be until it gets out of beta. Just my guess though.
    I started using this application a few days ago and have also noticed connection problems with BB weather and Opera. Please let us know if SimulScribe finds a solution!

Other problems I've noticed are:
    (1) I cannot change the volume as I would be able to if I were dialing in. This is a problem because the default volume level is way too low.
    (2) Often, the green circle that I supposed designates the application is working changes to yellow or red without any explanation. When I finally notice that it is no longer green, I'm not really sure what action I should take to remedy this difference in colour. I have resorted to restarting the phone, at wich point im usually flooded with voice mails that I have been missing for some time.
    (3) Voice Mails that I have already listned to are remarked as unread
    (4) I'm not sure that I care for the pre-recorded SimulScibe message that follows my personal greeting to incomming calls. Most of my voicemails now consist of confused voices at a ridiculously slow pace. A few of my business contacts have expressed concern with having a 3rd party dot-com having access to information he might have otherwise left with my cellular providers voicemail service. However, as long as this service is free I can't really complain much about it.
    (5) It appears this service works by forwarding calls to SimulScribe wich requires me to pay the cellualr providers forwarding fee for each call. It seems to me that a simple solution to this probem would be to create an app that actually picks up the call, greets the caller with a recorded message stored on the phone, and then records the message on the device itself. My previous phone was a simple samsung clamshell, and it actually had the option to do this! It only had the memory for about 8 messages, and would cut voicemails off after 30 seconds but a blackberry with a micro sd slot should be able to accomplish much more.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

A little of subject, but i can't believe some carriers charge for call forwarding, am i understanding this right?
    What carrier(s)? thx
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by jerrycrabb
    (4) I'm not sure that I care for the pre-recorded SimulScibe message that follows my personal greeting to incomming calls. Most of my voicemails now consist of confused voices at a ridiculously slow pace. A few of my business contacts have expressed concern with having a 3rd party dot-com having access to information he might have otherwise left with my cellular providers voicemail service. However, as long as this service is free I can't really complain much about it.
    you can get rid of that by logging into the simulsays page. go to account settings and uncheck 'play tagline'.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Just activated the service and quickly noticed how dratically this seems to tax the battery... didn't seem like an "always on" type of solution, but something new is going on with my battery life - and, it ain't good...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Quote Originally Posted by shmengie
    you can get rid of that by logging into the simulsays page. go to account settings and uncheck 'play tagline'.

Thanks! This makes a big difference to me.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

SimulSays no está en línea Stack level 1

On the battery degradation point, there is a polling option now available (build 1.21.0004 which is the latest version available). To change the connection to poll mode, go into SimulSays Voicemail Options via BB Options/Setting. Checking the "Enabling Polling Mode" will default to a 5 minute connection (the interval can be changed, but 5 seems to be the right number). Would be great to know if this helps and these types of tips will soon be posted on our own support forum that will go live in the next few weeks.

motogq no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F635E7

I've had this service for a week or so. It's been great so far. My workplace doesn't allow personal phone calls while on the clock so it makes it really important to be able to read the transcribed voicemail on my phone without having to making a phone call to check my voicemail. No technical issues so far on my 8800.

mikegelf no está en línea Stack level 2

I just upgraded my pearl BB OS to the new version (101 or whatever it is) and everything is fine except Simulsays. It isn't making a connection nor seeing voicemails anymore.

And yes, I have correctly setup the BB OS internet setting (all my other progs are working fine).
    Anyone else having this problem?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

There are a few threads about this blackberry application, is any one of them the "official thread?" it seems like we might be able to condence them into one at this point. It could make it easier on both the "early adoptors", and the "programmers" whom might be trying to answer questions.

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Are there any other stackers who are trying to use this app with their 8700 series device?
    I am running the 4.2 OS on my 8700g and have been using Simulsays with overall success.
    It seems that because of the different mapping of my center convenience key I have difficulty accessing any options menu's from the main screen.
    Also according to email I received from support a while ago, users should be able to adjust the volume while listening to the messages just as they would be able to if they were dialing in. -- This has not been the case for me.
    Lastly, when I periodically open the app just to see if I'm connected, SimulSays appears to be disconnected almost 1/4 of the time. This requires restarting SimulSays.

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

Quote Originally Posted by SimulSays
    On the battery degradation point, there is a polling option now available (build 1.21.0004 which is the latest version available). To change the connection to poll mode, go into SimulSays Voicemail Options via BB Options/Setting. Checking the "Enabling Polling Mode" will default to a 5 minute connection (the interval can be changed, but 5 seems to be the right number). Would be great to know if this helps and these types of tips will soon be posted on our own support forum that will go live in the next few weeks.
    Thanks so much for this message, I've been hoping there was something like this. I agree with jerrycrabb that there should be a simulsays forum. I've been using it for a few days and so far really love it. It's so nice to be able to scroll through and select an email instead of having to listen for 5-10 minutes of old emails for the one you want. A huge enhancement to my bb.

In the meantime, has anyone noticed any GoogleMaps conflicts?

tj2311111 Guest

I had no conflicts with GoogleMaps but it conflicted with Opera Mini and Beyond411. The conflicts with those programs got to me and I deleted and unsubcribed to SimulSays in like 2 days.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ not to mention that it was a Curve life force sucking monster for me....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast