Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is this legit? I just signed up for it and I'm about to download the ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

mizzerrob no está en línea Stack level 2

SimulSays Beta

Advertisement

Is this legit? I just signed up for it and I'm about to download the app. Is it really free? I chose not to have my messages transacribed (for an additional $9.95 per month). Does anyone else use this app?

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: SimulSays Beta

I'm using it. I am having some trouble with it, but other than that I love it. I am thinking it has to be free (b/c I don't transcribe either) since they don't have my credit card information.

I have some questions into tech support right now.

Some of my problems so far:
    (a) duration on the calls showed up as 0:00, so I couldn't listen to them in the program, but has since "fixed itself" because now they show up;
    (b) my Beyond411, OperaMini and BBweather get a "malformed address-returning null connection" whenever it tries to find something - while my BB Browser, JiveTalk, GoogleMaps, TZones and Gmail all work; and
    (c) i'm not receiving SMS and Email notifications like I supposed to.

Again, tech support and I have been going back and forth over emails. They should be calling me today. They have been very good about responding.

One of the questions I have into them is if it truely is free if you don't inscribe. My guess is that it will be until it gets out of beta. Just my guess though.

Thanks, Tec. If i dont transcribe my msgs, does it just act like regular v-mail?

PIN/ID
    Retired

It will be like a "visual voicemail." You go into the app on the phone, and it shows you who and when you have a voicemail from. You can play them right from there, so you don't have to call into voicemail and take up minutes. (I call my voicemail about once every 2 weeks because I just find it to be a hassle - so this is GREAT for me!)

I believe the transcribing actually turns their voice into a message you can read. Cool idea, but don't need it for $9.95 a month.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

try this thread: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._download.html
    and this one if you want to check out a few other similiar services: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ices_what.html
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

MrsKL no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    It will be like a "visual voicemail." You go into the app on the phone, and it shows you who and when you have a voicemail from. You can play them right from there, so you don't have to call into voicemail and take up minutes. (I call my voicemail about once every 2 weeks because I just find it to be a hassle - so this is GREAT for me!)

I believe the transcribing actually turns their voice into a message you can read. Cool idea, but don't need it for $9.95 a month.
    oh geez, i couldn't imagine not checking vm! it takes like 3 seconds if you turn off the password prompt.
    245869B3
    AT&T Curve Since 3/2008
    AT&T Pearl (for a year)
    Sprint 8830 (for a year)

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by MrsKL
    oh geez, i couldn't imagine not checking vm! it takes like 3 seconds if you turn off the password prompt.
    it's not a problem of checking it taking a long time. It's just a new way to do it. The biggest benefit is when you are busy and say you get 5 or 6 new voice mails, you return and see from the missed calls that the 3rd call was your husband/wife... you don't wanna have to dial in, enter password if you have it set to, play each message until you get the one you wanted. This way you can visually see each voice mail and just scroll to the 3rd one, hit play.. check the others later
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wow that sounds like a good vm prog

When I try to start the app, it says to confirm with my carrier that WAP data services are enabled for your account. Any ideas?

PIN/ID
    Retired

You may have to put in you APN settings. (not positive)

Options > Advanced Options > TCP > in APN, enter the settings for your provider...

I know for T-Mobile, it is "wap.voicestream.com." For other providers, check here.

If you already have them set, then I'm not sure. Sorry.

Thanks, tec. The Cingular WAP settings worked. I tried it out and it works. However, after deleting the test message I left myself, The red LED light wouldnt stop blinking. Any thoughts?

PIN/ID
    Retired

Have you tried a battery pull? Take it out for 30 seconds, and put it back in. That may help with that.

I did, Tec. Thanks. I havent gotten another v-mail yet so I won't know if it's fixed for good!

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

I downloaded it yesterday and working good so far (3 messages)...

When I get a notification under the SimulSays app, it gives me the person who called, the number and the option to hear the message. Does that count as an MMS, when SimulSays send me the audio file of the voicemail? If it does, Cingular/AT&T charges me $.40 per MMS message.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast