My wife and I are trying to share a google calendar and strange things are ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Kalrog no está en línea Stack level 1

Shared Google calendar

Advertisement

My wife and I are trying to share a google calendar and strange things are happening. Situation:
    • Both have brand new BBs (8820 and 8100)
    • 8820 connected to calendar and and was syncing just fine
    • next day 8100 connected and all calendar info on google was cleared
    • Some information has been entered again to google
    • What is entered on 8820 doesn't make it to google calendar
    • 8820 is connecting as calendar owner
    • 8100 is connecting as someone with full edit rights to calendar
    Should we both connect using the same user id? Any other tricks to this type of a setup?

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    It would seem that if you both use the same user ID, and since you likely don't have exactly the same data on both calendars, that Google will treat you calendar as completely changed. If you've synced, and Google has adjusted itself to your calendar events, and your wife now comes along, as far as it knows the same user now has a totally different calendar.

It appears to be working better now that we are both using the same login... although it does appear to be a one way thing (google to BB). I know there has to be a better solution to this. I can make due with this if I have to, but I would like it to work both ways for both of us.

PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    There is a program called Gcal Sync, or something similar. Do a search for it and see if it is more what you need.

Isn't GCalSync the google program? I have already downloaded and am using the one provided by Google. Is this a different program or are we talking the same thing here?

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I am doing a similar thing with my girlfriend, using google sync (the one made by google). Here's how we are managing this:

- both of us have google accounts and both of us are sharing our default calander with eachother
    - I have both mine and the "shared calandar" enabled to sync on my phone
    - You have to set in the option on the BB to keep stuff forever, because otherwise when you sync with a computer calendar it ofsets something and corrupts

Past this, everything has been working smoothly. Good luck, pm me if you want any help or details.

Now I am getting duplicates on my phone (just noticed it - have to check with the wife tonight). Any other ideas?

I found a thread about this happening - and it suggested logging out of the sync program (which deletes everything synced on the device) and then esuring that the BB calendar was clear. Then logging back in and redoing that sync. Well, I went to make sure the BB calendar was clear and deleted stuff that didn't get wiped and I am now getting a message stating that "Appointment deleted externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed." No options on that, just "OK"

Well, the info I find on that error has me doing a backup, wiping the handheld, and resending the service books. How do I get the service books resent on an 8820 with T-Mobile?

PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    You can resend service books from your carrier's BIS site. I'm with Sprint, so if I go to sprint.blackberry.com I can log into my account, create/edit email accounts, etc. On the left side of the page there is an option to "Resend Service Books".

Find your carrier's page, and that's where you can do it.