I am not sure if I am the only one expeirencing this issue but I ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

shapeservices IM+ Issue

Advertisement

I am not sure if I am the only one expeirencing this issue but I have noticed that with one of my msn contacts when they send me a message the garbled message would be sent first. It has a bunch of letters upper and lower case along with their email address. Here is a example:

<msnobj Creator="username@hotmail.com" Size="11373" Type="2" Location="TFR39.dat" Friendly="AAA=" SHA1D="ou3nrZBsuBpNu4QMZZzg3Yw3zfs=" SHA1C="eaX4rD/Il0WtXaZP67ZAW2u1viw="/>

How can this be stopped it is very annoying.

rivviepop no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: shapeservices IM+ Issue

I don't have the direct answer for you but maybe I can help figure it out. That line you posted is a line of XML, and in it's terminology it's a fully formed object with attributes. It sounds like this XML object is not being understood my IM+, so it's simply showing it to you as text.

(breaking down the object, it looks like TYPE and LOCATION attributes are specifying the content is in an externat attachment, and SHA1D and SHA1C are providing checksums of that attachment so it can be checked after receive)

But. more to the meat -- since it's only from one contact, do you know what messaging program they're using? (Trillian, Miranda, MSN client, GAIM, whatever) It looks like their client is sending "stuff" your way that might be out of spec, part of a newer spec, or maybe even a malformed XML object - an object that doesn't match it's definition - that IM+ can't handle.

Probably two options - IM+ is missing support for something (get a newer version?) or the remote client is garbling the transmission with bad data (contact has to get a newer version?)

hope this helps some...

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

I will give it a shot and see what happens. Thanks

SHAPE no está en línea Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Felixtc
    I am not sure if I am the only one expeirencing this issue but I have noticed that with one of my msn contacts when they send me a message the garbled message would be sent first. It has a bunch of letters upper and lower case along with their email address. Here is a example:

<msnobj Creator="username@hotmail.com" Size="11373" Type="2" Location="TFR39.dat" Friendly="AAA=" SHA1D="ou3nrZBsuBpNu4QMZZzg3Yw3zfs=" SHA1C="eaX4rD/Il0WtXaZP67ZAW2u1viw="/>

How can this be stopped it is very annoying.
    Our developers have investigated this problem.
    We will make some changes on our gate server in the nearest future, and this problem will be solved.

Victoria
    IM+ Support Team
    SHAPE Services

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

I wish IM+ would put a VISUAL notification on the screen like the RIM Yahoo IM does.

I sometimes get an IM when I am not near the Pearl and when I pick it up there is no way to tell if I received an IM except to start IM+.

Also the Emtoicons dont always work in AIM. More than half show up as text symbols instead of smiley faces.