Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SHAPE Services listened to the requests of GPSed users and added the following features in ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Shape Services: GPSed updated

Advertisement

SHAPE Services listened to the requests of GPSed users and added the following features in the updated version...

Waypoints with geotagged notes.

Any traveler recording a track with GPSed may stop at a point of interest and add a waypoint with a small note to remember the exact place. The waypoint will immediately appear on the track for further reference and for sharing with others.

Track description.

Users of GPSed may include personal descriptions of the track to help remember the details of the trip. Track description adds an element of interaction for others to learn the details of the trip.

Track Comments.

Anyone may experience more elements of a social network by leaving a comment of a track for others to view. A discussion thread about a certain track may grow a considerable community of GPS, mobile and digital camera users.

Country identification.

GPSed users will know the country where they had started the trip and the country where they had finished it. User's location is identified automatically and displayed in GPSed conveniently.

Account registration from mobile.

Any unregistered user may download GPSed mobile client from wap.gpsed.com and register an account right from the device.

[Signup & Download]

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

Re: Shape Services: GPSed updated

This application is very handy and cool!

Combine this three together. Blackberry, GPSed, Picasa. Perfect for trips/vacations!
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

nimocone no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Shape Services: GPSed updated

Do I have to download the latest and have it install over the current version I'm using? I didn't see an "update" option in the options...

SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    SHAPE Services has released a new update of GPSed v.0.960 Beta.

Listen to the new features in the podcast created to let you know about the today's updates!

You can also follow the thread GPSed from SHAPE Services and Free GPS Beta software for BlackBerry - GPSed Mobile
    Last edited by SHAPE; 05-13-2008 at 10:32 AM.
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    ok thanks.....will try it

Quote Originally Posted by nimocone View Post
    Do I have to download the latest and have it install over the current version I'm using? I didn't see an "update" option in the options...
    Hello, you don't have to uninstall the application.
    To update, please go to http://gpsed.com/mobile and download the latest version.

Thank you and regards,
    Irene
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Hello,

Please update to v. 0.962 to experience the latest version of GPSed mobile application.

Your feedbacks are welcome.
    Irene
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

gregski no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2134DA6B
    I have been trying all weekend to get this set up and working on my 8300 using a Holux GPSlim236 puck. I have set all the permissions. I've gone thru all the restarting recommendations. But it still will not see the puck. After going thru the autoconfigurator it gets stuck on Setup GPS Connection forever. I know the puck works cuz I've been using it with Google Maps and it is listed in the bluetooth devices. Any ideas?

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    Hmm...is the gpsed appliction the same as take and pin?or are they 2 seperate applications we need to install on the blackberry?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

nimocone no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm not sure I understand your question, but if it helps, gpsed is a single program you download to your Blackberry.

Quote Originally Posted by kkwus74 View Post
    Hmm...is the gpsed appliction the same as take and pin?or are they 2 seperate applications we need to install on the blackberry?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hello, these are two different applications.
    Basically, GPSed mobile application is for writing tracks from your BlackBerry while you are travelling.
    GPSed Photo Take'n'Pin is for adding geotags to your photos. It is installed on your PC. You can read more here http://gpsed.com/downloads or in the FAQ Section.

Irene
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Hello gregski,

Please make sure that:
    • GPS receiver is turned on and is not out of range;
    • Bluetooth connection on BlackBerry is activated;
    • You permitted all system requests concerning the access to positioning data or Bluetooth;
    • GPS receiver is not used by another device;

If you still can not connect:
    • Try to deactivate Bluetooth connection on BlackBerry and than activate it again;
    • Make sure that in the settings of GPSed application the usage of positioning data and Bluetooth are not prohibited, if so you have to permit them;
    • Try to restart GPSed application;
    • Try to turn GPS receiver off and then back on;

Then please go to BlackBerry Settings -> GPS and make sure that the Receiver shows correct coordinates.
    Then start GPSed again.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

PIN/ID
    2134DA6B
    Shape,

Thanks so much for your reply. I had pretty much tried all that you suggested. I am still unable to connect. I know it is something that I am overlooking (usually is ). I have set ALL permissions to allow. The GPS is paired with the device and no other device is using the GPS. One thing that is strange, every other program that I've used with this GPS activates the bluetooth connection, which I can tell by the blue blinking LED. This program does not. What the heck am I missing here?

gregski,

I have forwarded your request to our tech team. I hope the solution will be found asap. I will let you know.

Regards,
    Irene
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

PIN/ID
    2134DA6B
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
    gregski,

I have forwarded your request to our tech team. I hope the solution will be found asap. I will let you know.

Regards,
    Irene
    Thanks Irene. I really appreciate that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast