So, I know how to send an text message via Yahoo Messenger on my PC, ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

Sending SMS via Yahoo Messenger Mobile

Advertisement

So, I know how to send an text message via Yahoo Messenger on my PC, but how do I do it via Yahoo Messenger Mobile?

I saw a thread stating that you do it via AIM by sending an IM to the phone number like +12125555555. This doesn't seem to be the same in Yahoo Messenger. I've tried like this by choosing "Send Message To.." on the menu and using a number in that format, but that doesn't seem to be the answer.

What is the correct method with Yahoo Messenger Mobile.

Thanks.

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

Re: Sending SMS via Yahoo Messenger Mobile

I can't answer your question directly, but here is what I do...

I set up an Addressbook entry for Yahoo Mobile with a number of +92466000

I also set up an AutoText entry like so: "inuser", to expand to "in ID password" (without the quotes), and then send an SMS text to +92466000 with in username password to log in via sms and put myself into "I'm on SMS" mode (which differs slightly from "I'm Mobile"). I also have to backspace once on the SMS before hitting send because of the way that AutoText expands the macro.

Now, *if* I'm initiating a chat, I usually do it from JiveTalk and then log out and put myself in SMS mode, but you can use the command "to ID mesg" (without the quotes) to do the same thing as a text message to the same number.

You can reply by normal means if the sms you're replying to is only a few hours old (the Yahoo server remembers who you were conversing with) but after those few hours, you have to start the conversation again as described above.
    Hope that helps.

Edit/Add: the number of +92466000 may vary by where you are located, I don't know exactly how that works. It's been working for me flawlessly for a couple months now. Basically I put myself into SMS mode once, and from my PC (logged into an alternate Yahoo ID), sent myself a message and took note of what number the txt msg came from. The number that it comes from can vary, it seems to be within a range of +924660xx to +924661xx, but I have always been using the +92466000 without any problems.
    Last edited by Klotar; 09-11-2007 at 01:26 AM.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Sending SMS via Yahoo Messenger Mobile

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks a lot for the reply. If this is the way to do it then I'll definitely give it a shot.