I saw this once for a Windows Mobile and thought it was a genius idea, ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jeezmos no está en línea Stack level 1

Question searching for app: bluetooth activation on incoming call

Advertisement

I saw this once for a Windows Mobile and thought it was a genius idea, and am having no luck finding a similar jar application.

The app I have in mind basically waits for an incoming call, checks to see if bluetooth is on/off (stores its state in memory), and turns bluetooth on if it's turned off. When the call completes, it then returns bluetooth to its previous state (on/off). I guess an added bonus would be an option to activate bluetooth when on the Phone app (so bluetooth would activate on outgoing cals too), but I am guessing this would be more difficult to achieve.

Why? To prevent battery drain from the bluetooth radio being on when it's unnecessary. If such an application exists, please let me know where. If not, any developers want to take up the challenge?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    that is pretty neat unfortunately never heard of it before, that would be great if there was an app for blackberry
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Quote Originally Posted by jeezmos View Post
    The app I have in mind basically waits for an incoming call, checks to see if bluetooth is on/off (stores its state in memory), and turns bluetooth on if it's turned off. When the call completes, it then returns bluetooth to its previous state (on/off).
    What a clever idea!

I've never seen this before, but it's a fantastic idea and it would be great to see this implemented in future telecommunications devices...

Quote Originally Posted by jeezmos View Post
    I saw this once for a Windows Mobile and thought it was a genius idea
    What was the application for Windows Mobile called?

I have a Windows Mobile device, and I've never seen this...