I have a pdf file that I want to be able to save and read ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

floridadomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317ce3cd

Question Save and Read PDF?

Advertisement

I have a pdf file that I want to be able to save and read from time to time. I e-mailed it to my BB and opened it. The file is a gym class schedule and it is all messed up when openning it. Is there a better way to do this and a true pdf reader?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Save and Read PDF?

if you are just viewing it, could you convert it to an image file and re-email?
    i think there is software out there, if you need to view/edit pdf files, but its not free...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I believe that there are 3rd Party Services that involve hosting the pdf File on their servers and allow reading in a more formated manner on the BB. but haven't seen anyone talking about them lately. If I have time later I will try to google for it, but it may be a while.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jbj9871 no está en línea Stack level 3

i would just get a freeware pdftohtml converter program then convert and email to bb

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Considering how well the Blackberry handles html email that option is pretty much useless.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jbj9871 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Considering how well the Blackberry handles html email that option is pretty much useless.

Rcbjr.
    maybe convert to html and send it to a web based email account and open it with the bb web browser and save it to your message list

JRawlinson no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E5E9D1

Check out a service called DocHawk. It's a little pricey but well worth it. I am a mechanical engineer and have a need to view a lot of 24"x36" blueprint pdfs that are emailed to me by architects and other engineers. DocHawk works wonderfully for this.

It embeds itself in your email, such that when you receive an email with an attachment, you click the thumbwheel and select 'open with DocHawk'. The email goes to their server and bounces right back, usually in less than a minute. It also works well with .doc, .xls, and so on. Note that it is a viewer only. It does not allow for you to edit.

Anyway, I am pleased with it and will likely renew my subscription when the year is up.

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~how much is the subscription?

nooner no está en línea Stack level 1

It would easier if you simply open the pdf on your pc and cut the text into a word doc. If you have a PIM like outlook place it into a memo and use memo to view the document. If paste it into email and send it to yurself then copy/paste to a new memo.m

PIN/ID
    23E5E9D1

Joe, the service is typically $60-$70 a year (shop around at Handango, Terratial, etc) and worth it, IMHO.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    23E5E9D1

By the way, you can also buy a 3 month subscription if you just want a smaller timeframe.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

AL904 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by JRawlinson
    Check out a service called DocHawk. It's a little pricey but well worth it. I am a mechanical engineer and have a need to view a lot of 24"x36" blueprint pdfs that are emailed to me by architects and other engineers. DocHawk works wonderfully for this.

It embeds itself in your email, such that when you receive an email with an attachment, you click the thumbwheel and select 'open with DocHawk'. The email goes to their server and bounces right back, usually in less than a minute. It also works well with .doc, .xls, and so on. Note that it is a viewer only. It does not allow for you to edit.

Anyway, I am pleased with it and will likely renew my subscription when the year is up.
    I also use DocHawk, and really like it. DocHawk also allows you to save a copy of the .pdf, .doc, .xls, etc. file locally on your Blackberry for quicker viewing.
    AL in Jacksonville Beach, FL
    Using Bold with at&t
    Forum for PTT Users