www.samecell.com Compatibility Note The 2.0 release and the features described on this page are available ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

Thumbs up SameCell Release 2.0

Advertisement

www.samecell.com

Compatibility Note

The 2.0 release and the features described on this page are available for the BlackBerry® version of sameCell only.

All previous versions of SameCell from 1.0 forward are completely compatible with 2.0 and will continue to function normally including SameCell for BlackBerry, SameCell for Facebook®, and Facebook extensions including SameCell for the iPhone® and SameCell for SMS phones.

New Tabbed User Interface

The version 2 user interface now has three tabs to separate the Friends, Places and Events functionality onto their own page. View options and action links (such as "Tag a Place") related to each section have been organized onto an action bar on each page.

GPS & Mapping Features

Although GPS is not required by the SameCell application, a number of enhanced features have been added to take advantage of the GPS and built-in mapping capabilities of newer BlackBerry devices.

SameCell believes very strongly in the need to preserve location privacy and to offer actual location sharing as an option on a friend-by-friend basis. A new "Sharing" option now lets you select "Proximity only" or "Proximity and Location". If you choose to share proximity and location, then your friend will be able to see your actual location on a map. The accuracy of your location will depend on whether or not you have GPS and how quickly you are moving.

The red push-pin icon denotes when you are sharing location with a friend (left pin) and whether or not they are sharing location with you (right pin). Two push pins indicates that you are both sharing location.

Places Feature

Places are a completely new theme in 2.0. Similar to the way SameCell scans an area looking for nearby friends, this new functionality can scan categories of places. The standard place categories range from night clubs to tourist attractions to personal places such as a friend's cottage. In addition to subscribing to Place categories, SameCell users can author (or tag) places of interest to share with other SameCell users. The alert range for each category can be set independently and the SameCell server remembers when it alerts you of a place and automatically suppresses repeat alerts.

Tagging a place is quick and easy; Simply select a category, choose who to share it with and type in a text description. Your current location will automatically be saved as the location of the place.

Events Feature

The Events feature is a completely new theme in 2.0 that follows the same basic proximity alert process as Friends as Places, but with the following differences; Events are defined as same-time same-place occurances and as a result must expire within a fairly short period of time. For example, When a SameCell user creates an event of type "Traffic Alert" or "Radar Speed Trap", other SameCell users will only be alerted if they fall within a short proximity of that area within the next 30 minutes. After which time the Event will expire.

Sending an Event Alert is quick and easy; Simply select a category, choose whether or not to remain anonymous and type in a text description. Your current location will automatically be saved as the location of the event.

Locate my Lost or Stolen BlackBerry

The new LocateMe feature is very versatile and can be used a number of different ways. If you enable this feature (on the options screen), then anyone who knows your password will be able to see your location on a map. (A proximity radius will be shown for devices without GPS).

Common uses include:
    • Find a lost or stolen BlackBerry
    • Share your location with a friend
    • As a safety function to monitor elderly family members

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    The app gave a Java Exception - not only when attempting to run it, but even when it downloaded! No problem with other apps installed after this.
    JerryD

goneinaflash no está en línea Stack level 2
    What does the Java exception mean. Is the program safe?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ray244190 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme
    I believe it is safe.
    Looking for people to add in the NC area. I live between Raleigh and Fayetteville.

PIN/ID
    askme
    Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala View Post
    The app gave a Java Exception - not only when attempting to run it, but even when it downloaded! No problem with other apps installed after this.
    I had that problem but all I did was reboot and it all started working. Took a minute for it to connect. I noticed that you can't do much if your not connected.

conedude13 no está en línea Stack level 1
    this freezes for me when i try and add a new contact to follow. I'm on the at&t network in usa with os v4.5.0.52. Also tried it with OS = 4.5.0.46 but got the same problem. do i need bb maps in order for this to work? or is there just something wrong with this program?

SameCellSupport no está en línea Stack level 1

Fix for the Freeze problem...

We have identified and fixed a bug that affected certain OS 4.3 and 4.5 devices causing an address book freeze when adding a friend. You can upgrade to the new version (2.05) at: www.samecell.com/setup

Sorry for the inconvenience.

SameCell Support

PIN/ID
    askme
    Thanks for the update guys. Was wondering if there is something like an open data base so you can find additional people and places?