I just recently started using Newsclip on my 7130 and love it, perhaps too much. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

RSS battery hog?

Advertisement

I just recently started using Newsclip on my 7130 and love it, perhaps too much. I may not be perfect in my observation, but I seem to notice this app gobbling up more battery life than I think (or maybe just wish) it should. My feeds put through about 140 articles a day, and I probably click at least half of them, and I think I get about a 25% to 30% battery drop over the course of the day. Shouldn't it take comparatively little effort (on the part of my BB's battery)to work being simple text coming to me? Am I being unrealistic in my expectations and take it as any heavy use app doing it or is this more than it should be?

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Re: RSS battery hog?

Battery usage on any blackberry is typically associated to wirless activity. In your case you are reading these articles which trasmits data to and from the net. In addition to that newclip tends to send and recieve frequently when it's being used. So the app isn't directly sucking up the battery, it's just data heavy and that will drain your batter faster. I also wouldn't be suprised if NewClip did a little extra data activity during ideal times. I can't confirm that.
    In short, using your Blackberry's data service will drain your batter faster.
    Hope that helps.

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ very good, I guess I'll just get an extended battery.

steedtek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EBDA02

Yet another reason why i didnt get a blackjack, the vendor told me the reason it comes with 2 batteries is the 3g sucks it dry in no time.