Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

3.0.8.6.1 is the current version I have so it was the version before this, that ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Diffused no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

3.0.8.6.1 is the current version I have so it was the version before this, that worked well on my 8330 OS 4.3.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Google rss is awesome... And the fact that it syncs up through whatever you set in your pc is a definate advantage...

BUT, its a page... Not an app... It needs a data connection... It can't download and save for you to read later when you're out of signal range... Or for those really boring times when you're in a plane with nothing better to do...

that's just my opinion on it... And we all judge apps by their feasability factor... Specifically how they adapt to our requirements, and google just doesn't fit mine... Still a great setup though... Maybe viigo can implement that in the near future... (A "send to my viigo" button for your pc...)

Cheers...

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    I just tried it... Not saying its a bad app or anything... But it had a few disadvantages...

1. The 10 food limit is just not going to work for me... I've got about 100 feeds on viigo that I follow...
    i don't have a limit on mine. did you try editing the settings?

2. There are too many clicks involved in getting something done... With viigo I can just hit delete... Keep it clicked and it deletes everything...
    agreed, to some point there should be the ability to turn off clicking menus when opening the full article - just open it already

3. The gui on viigo is just simply amazing... Can't compare...
    the UI on free range can be customized. fonts and colors included. this app allows for more "end user" customization including organizing of feeds into custom folders, etc.

All in all... Viigo still outranks freerange by a mile (imho, and based on my needs and convenience)...

I've got a bold and resources (memory and processing ability) isn't an issue for me...

Good luck to all others out there in their decision, this may still be a great app for many others...

But I'd say go with viigo, and I'm still goin with viigo...

Cheers...
    if all you gave it was a few hours, then i think you may regret it (i used to be a viigo advocate too )

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Free Range huh? Well, I'm about to give it a try. For Viigo that offers so much, I only use the RSS so if Free Range is better then I will get some space back.

EDIT: How many feeds am I allowed to add on Free Range? Not letting me add more then 3.

--HeavyC.

Last edited by HeavyComponent; 03-01-2009 at 11:37 PM.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by Diffused View Post
    3.0.8.6.1 is the current version I have so it was the version before this, that worked well on my 8330 OS 4.3.
    Sorry, tried looking for it, found a link, but it takes you to the latest version as well... Maybe someone has it archived... Further searches may help... Keep an eye on this thread and I may post back in a couple o days if I get lucky...

PIN/ID
    ask me
    ?cherrichiodo Tell you what... I still haven't deleted it... Ill give it a full two weeks, running it side by side with viigo and will put my most imp feeds on there (numero uno is pinstack btw)...

Let's see if your badboy works for me in the long...

Quote Originally Posted by miccic View Post
    I share the experience that I'm hearing here for the first time, that freerange was better than Viigo, but lately I've been consolidating/syncronizing things online and on the bb by using all things google. Google's rss reader on my curve is pretty slick. And, like podcasts, I'd rather find rss from my computer but check it out on the fly from my bb. Google good.
    Say, I do have PodTrapper and am thoroghly addicted to it.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    Free Range huh? Well, I'm about to give it a try. For Viigo that offers so much, I only use the RSS so if Free Range is better then I will get some space back.

EDIT: How many feeds am I allowed to add on Free Range? Not letting me add more then 3.

--HeavyC.

check your settings? i have 9 added now, but added way more last time the limit was questioned. i have removed them since.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    ?cherrichiodo Tell you what... I still haven't deleted it... Ill give it a full two weeks, running it side by side with viigo and will put my most imp feeds on there (numero uno is pinstack btw)...

Let's see if your badboy works for me in the long...
    fair enough

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    check your settings? i have 9 added now, but added way more last time the limit was questioned. i have removed them since.
    The settings doesn't say anything about how much you can display or whatever.

--HeavyC.

Do youall know if there are charges after entering more than 10 feeds in FreeRange?

PIN/ID
    I really don't like how free range looks, I think I'll stick with my Viigo. Viigo's display looks way better to me, I don't know maybe it's just me.

--HeavyC.

theforumguy no está en línea Stack level 2
    I been looking at the updated version of UPVISE which comes with an RSS reader. Looks great and loading time is okay.
    BlackberryFreeware.com - A huge directory of free Blackberry software.

Top Directories:
    Free Blackberry Games
    Free Blackberry Remote Access

PIN/ID
    ask me
    another minor disadvantage... 40 minute minimum update time on automatic update...

One thing I like... The interface and visuals are highly customizable, as are other settings...

Many more options to play with...

Still trying...

I am giving Upvise a try here. It looks somewhat like Viigo with the sliding pages and all. It seems more refined looking. They told me there is no fee for the personal edition and you can have as many feeds as you want. There is a fancy pro version for $40 a year with more features.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast