Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone have a copy of this floating around? Its no longer available as an OTA ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

calyx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20e17df5

Thumbs down Rove File Manager? Anyone have?

Advertisement

Anyone have a copy of this floating around? Its no longer available as an OTA download or as a download period, as Rove decided to discontinue support of File Manager in favor of their flagship product "Mobile Admin".

/START RANT

Pretty annoying, considering I'm not going to shell out what is probably big bucks for a ton of functionality I don't need. Big enough bucks that they can't even list a price on their website, you can request a quote, sign up for an account to purchase it directly from them with a credit card (have to sign up for an account before you can see the price! wtf), or find a 3rd party reseller.

I could care less if they no longer "support" it, I'm not looking for support, I just want a copy of the free app for personal use.

Grrr they may or may not produce quality software, but this kind of business approach still annoys me. Go from several free products to one big corporate do-everything expensive piece of software. I do not need Active Directory administration thank you..

/END RANT

EDIT: Wow I think I saw found the price, they have a little artistically blurred screenshot of getting a quote, the form they have filled in is $595/USER, and thats for 150 licenses. Lol. Buy a laptop already.

https://www.rovemobile.com/purchase/Default.aspx
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by calyx; 12-04-2008 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Found price I think

c0rinne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C94BF
    Why not try ziplorer? It does the same thing right? (I don't know, just guessing.) They were offering it as a free download for a limited time, that's how I got it, but they are selling it for $14.97 now.

PIN/ID
    20e17df5
    Quote Originally Posted by c0rinne View Post
    Why not try ziplorer? It does the same thing right? (I don't know, just guessing.) They were offering it as a free download for a limited time, that's how I got it, but they are selling it for $14.97 now.
    I actually have ziplorer, got it for free when they were offering it. Great little utility.

Looking for an ftp client, with some of the other capabilities that Rove File Manager had:

"Mobile File Manager allows you to connect to remote file servers. Edit web pages and deploy sites, upload photos to websites, transfer files, view graphics on remote computers, edit configuration files, monitor log files, and much more - all from your handheld device.
    Mobile File Manager supports Windows File Sharing, WebDAV, File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and Secure FTP (SFTP) connections. "

I don't need all of that functionality, mainly the ftp functionality, basic editing of web pages (html, css, php) etc would be nice as well.

Do appreciate the suggestion nonetheless though

c0rinne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C94BF
    Oh. lol Well, some web ftps do have mobile options, that's what I use.

swalker2001 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2461c562
    RDM+ is under $50 and works really well.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

skelzer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PM sent. all set.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I believe I still have a copy somewhere on my desktop if you still need it.

cojonesdetoro no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think distributing it might violate copyright.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Selling it for profit would violate copyright laws.

Paian no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm not going to pm people and bother them... But can someone nice enough to pm me an copy?

I also use to have this program but even since I upgrade my Curve I no longer have it...

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Email me and I will send you the cods. I do not have the alx so you will have to load with javaloader.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I saw someone mentioned Ziplorer... anyone still have an OTA link to it... I lost my version i downloaded when I upgraded from 4.5.0.81 to 4.5.0.110. If someone still has this would you be so kind as to send it to me, if possible. I'd hate to have to spend $14 for something I had before for free.
    Last edited by impak875; 12-29-2008 at 03:10 PM.

PIN/ID
    20e17df5

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Paian View Post
    I'm not going to pm people and bother them... But can someone nice enough to pm me an copy?

I also use to have this program but even since I upgrade my Curve I no longer have it...
    Check your PM. Zip file up for download containing the OTA and desktop versions for both 4.2+ OS and pre-4.2. 1MB download.

BTW, works great on OS 4.6.x.x on my Bold.

PIN/ID
    20e17df5

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    I saw someone mentioned Ziplorer... anyone still have an OTA link to it... I lost my version i downloaded when I upgraded from 4.5.0.81 to 4.5.0.110. If someone still has this would you be so kind as to send it to me, if possible. I'd hate to have to spend $14 for something I had before for free.
    Check your PM, got an alternate solution of sorts for you

Ales no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello All,

I also happened to lost the file, if I could find someone nice enough to pm me an copy would make my just started 2009 much happier

Thank you in advance!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast