Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by ziminvades Well, there are obvious bugs. You can actuall use the copd. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

steedtek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EBDA02

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ziminvades View Post
    Well, there are obvious bugs. You can actuall use the copd. File with aerize card loader and actuslly get the file to work. The problem is that the icon is not there sol the program is useless. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yes, this is what i mentioned in "known bugs" above, in that there is no way to launch the pre-release version once installed. One of the major reasons why the pre-release was immediately removed once this was found.

klgmd, yes you can use it in that sense, meaning that you can use your device's memory card to carry your RoboForm data files, and when connected to the computer where a version of RoboForm is installed, you can open them.

Once the release of RoboForm for Blackberry is available it will in fact have native ability to read the files from your BB device itself.

I'm working very closely with the developers at this point, and i assure you anything that takes place in terms of progress with this will be explained here. I personally have pushed for a Blackberry version to happen for 2+ years, so you can bet that I am also extremely interested in it's release.

Thanks again for everyone's understanding,
    -Andrew @ RoboForm Support

ixtab no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thank you Andrew for all the information you posted on this thread/forum. Long time Roboform fan and addict here, can't wait to get my roboform with me on my blackberry!

PIN/ID
    23EBDA02
    As i promised, the RoboForm for Blackberry BETA is now available at this link, with both DM and OTA install methods WORKING.

http://www.roboform.com/blackberry.html

Please take not of known issues at the bottom.

If you have problems installing or using RoboForm for Blackberry on your device, please PM me directly, and do not worry if i do not reply immediately if at all, all data will be collected and analyzed.

Thanks!

Last edited by steedtek; 07-02-2008 at 06:39 PM.

Raptre no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31A20A7E
    What about the master password? This still does not seem to be working right. I copied all the folders in My RoboForm Data down to the SDCard, installed RoboForm OTA and can get to the folders and passcards, but the password isn't working or doesn't always ask for it.

Is the response delay so long that I'm not waiting long enough or is it timing out or what? I can get to the passcards, but haven't been able to open one yet.

Suggestions?

Raptre, it is slow but consider yourself lucky (to even see the passcards through RoboForm), I have over 800 passcards and when I browse into that folder it simply hangs until I give up and reset the BB (last time I waited 10 minutes and still nothing).

So I took all 800+ passcards and moved each into A-Z folders (so I have less passcards in each folder) and now it works (kind of), it is slow to prompt for password (it does eventually ask for the password, but it takes a 5-10 seconds before it even prompt to enter anything).
    Then the password field is not masked with ***s so while it takes another 5-10 seconds to decrypt the passcard everyone who has a view of your BB screen can see the password you just typed in.

And eventually it displays the content of the passcard/safenote/identity file!

I can live with the shortcomings (temporarily) because finally I am able (even if somewhat painful) to keep a copy of all my passwords with me at all times.

I just hope Siber Systems will improve on the blackberry implementation (speed and allow users with hundreds of passcards to use it easily).

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Stackers keep in touch with Andrew. It's a great prog to develope for Blackberry

PIN/ID
    23EBDA02
    The program will ask you for your master password upon opening the first password protected item, this will then be cached until you close and re-open the program or you leave the program running until it forgets it automatically. Same as the desktop version.

We're looking into the speed of the listing of files, and should have more information on that soon ixtab(as for concealing the master password, this should be something we can add, i'll push for it as well), but the speed of the decryption is not something that can be changed, this is a limitation of the AES decryption type on the J2ME platform in general. You will notice significant speed decrease in accessing password protected items if you choose 3DES or DES encyption methods instead.

Again, i'm still working on this with developers, so if i dont respond immediately to requests here, or in our official support system, it does not mean your problem or request is not being evaluated.

Thanks again for the beta feedback everyone has given.

Andrew, you said decrease in speed, but do you actually mean that 3DES and DES will be slower than AES or did you mean the opposite?
    I want to pick the fastest encryption on my BB which should it be: 3DES or AES?

Thanks,
    Ix

Quote Originally Posted by steedtek View Post
    You will notice significant speed decrease in accessing password protected items if you choose 3DES or DES encyption methods instead.

Andrew,

Out of the 5 encryption algorithms that Roboform support how would you rate them speed wise on the blackberry?

Can you order them from the fastest to the slowest?

DES, 3DES, AES, Blowfish, RC6

Once you provide that info, I would probably convert all my passcards to the one that will provide fastest decryption on the blackberry but still provide adequate protection.

Thanks,
    Ix.

Raptre no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31A20A7E
    This is rather painful to say the least. I guess I'm a little surprised that RoboForm developers are having this much trouble and that development is this slow in arriving for the BlackBerry. It's not like the BlackBerry just came on the scene.

I have eWallet which is now partners with FlexWallet who has a BlackBerry version. But they make the passcard conversion process near impossible between vendors. eWallet is working on a BlackBerry beta but there is no ETA.

It's been difficult finding something to carry all my passwords in since I've switched from Windows Mobile to the BlackBerry. I was hoping RoboForm would be a little quicker to the table, but I imagine they'll get it eventually.

Regards,

PIN/ID
    23EBDA02
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
    Andrew,

Out of the 5 encryption algorithms that Roboform support how would you rate them speed wise on the blackberry?

Can you order them from the fastest to the slowest?

DES, 3DES, AES, Blowfish, RC6

Once you provide that info, I would probably convert all my passcards to the one that will provide fastest decryption on the blackberry but still provide adequate protection.

Thanks,
    Ix.
    Sorry i meant to say that AES encryption is alot slower than 3DES or DES, these are significantly FASTER than any other encryption method available.

DES/3DES are the same speed, AES is alot slower, RC6/Blowfish currently arent supported, but they will be as slow as AES(should be the same speed).

I can confirmed that once I re-saved all my passcards with 3DES encryption the decryption times are much faster (1-2 seconds compared to 4-10 on AES).

Only problem I notices is that now (with 3DES) for some reason the BB RoboForm client does not even prompt me for a password on some of my IdentityCards (it just won't prompt for password and won't open). Strange.

Andrew, I noticed there is a new 0.87 version available for download. Do you have a changelog and/or know what is new with this version?

Also, do you guys plan to implement a copy/paste function? this is highly desirable because no one want to try to remember a long password or credit card when the need to switch application comes.

Thanks.

PIN/ID
    23EBDA02
    Yes i actually just came to explain the changes in the latest release. =)

We updated the speed at which files are displayed in a folder, but it still takes some time to display 800 items in a folder ( about 2-3 minutes instead of completely locking the device ) and we're looking on what, if anything, can be done to speed it up further.

There actually is a "Copy to Clipboard" option that i had the developers add, select the line in the passcard/identity to copy, then goto "Menu key > Copy to Clipboard" to use the feature. Hopefully soon we can also add "Goto Login URL" also which should make the clipboard feature even more useful. More on that later.

Our main reason for this release was that it is a signed version of the program, which means that users who have newer devices/OS versions should no longer receive the "Allow application to access data..." messages everytime the try to view files. If anyone is still having problems with this with the latest version, please let me know via PM.

ixtab, please understand i'm still pushing for masking the MP field and making the 800+ item file listing faster, so don't worry!

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Thx
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast