Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

It seems that Roboform beta (0.5) is available: http://www.roboform.com/blackberry.html Did someone get a chance to ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ixtab no está en línea Stack level 3

Roboform for Blackberry Beta is now available

Advertisement

It seems that Roboform beta (0.5) is available:

http://www.roboform.com/blackberry.html

Did someone get a chance to try it out?
    What did you find out? I can't seem to get the icon to show up (once installed from Desktop Manager it shows up on Advanced Options on the Applications list but no icon on the launcher). Did someone got it working on their BB?

Mine is 8820 with OS 4.5.0.42

Thanks,
    Ix.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    You'll have to ask someone with the 4.2 OS to try it. I'm betting the application wasn't developed of the new OS

RoboticGolem no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ab431b
    I may be confused, but it looks like it doesn't do anything that the password keeper doesn't do.

Am I wrong?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It is just a companion to the desktop Roboform application. If you don't use Roboform desktop edition then there is no real use for this bb app since it only acts as a reader for those desktop passcards and safenotes.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

myet01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    It doesn't even seem to work for that as well. I have a Sprint Curve with 4.3 on it and the icon doesn't even show up to launch the application (even though it shows up in the application list).

Tony

klgmd no está en línea Stack level 3

Was just told by the company that it is NOT available

After spending a great deal of time on the website trying to find the actual download from the link provided, I was told the following:

Andrew Steed replied (2008/06/20 10:41 am EST)

That page you mention is no longer accessible from the homepage, so it is not available, it is not to be used at this point, again please await a future release of that product.

I am a long time user of Roboform and was hoping to see a full version for BB one day. The posting on on their website that it is available when it is not is wrong and pisses me off!!

Klgmd, Strange, I can still see the page (and the download links are still working):

http://www.roboform.com/blackberry.html
    http://www.roboform.com/dist/RoboForm.alx
    http://www.roboform.com/dist/RoboForm.cod

Quote Originally Posted by klgmd View Post
    After spending a great deal of time on the website trying to find the actual download from the link provided, I was told the following:

Andrew Steed replied (2008/06/20 10:41 am EST)

That page you mention is no longer accessible from the homepage, so it is not available, it is not to be used at this point, again please await a future release of that product.

I am a long time user of Roboform and was hoping to see a full version for BB one day. The posting on on their website that it is available when it is not is wrong and pisses me off!!

ixtab, I downloaded the alx file to my desktop with no problem but Desktop Manager will not accept it when I try to add. I am very experienced and have never had that problem. The DM is 4.3 and my software (8310 AT&T)) is 4.2.2.184
    I keep a free memory of at least 20,000,000, so that is not an issue. Do I need to do something with the cod file? Thanks

I assume you downloaded and placed both the .alx and .cod in the same sub-directory correct?

I downloaded the alx file to my desktop as I usually do when installing new programs. I did not download the cod file. I guess I am used to it come packaged together. Can I just make a folder on my desk and put them both in it?)

sure, just create a folder on your desktop (or anywhere else), download both files to the same folder and install as you usually do.
    BTW, it does let me install but does not show up on my application launcher list once "installed" I hope you will have better luck.

steedtek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EBDA02
    Just so everyone here knows, the release of RoboForm for Blackberry you are all attempting to use was a pre-release version which is in no way a fully working copy. We are attempting now to fix the known problems, and we hope to have it available soon.

Klgmd, you were directly accessing a link from the forum to a page which was removed from visibility from the rest of our www.roboform.com website. We apologize that you are unhappy about this, but again, the download links/page were posted before the product was actually ready for release.

And currently the known bugs we are well aware of are: No launcher icon at all(even though application shows as installed), mention of version 0.1 instead of version 0.5, and the fact that it is currently not uninstallable from the Applications menu on the device directly(only from DM)

Also the mention of OTA install fromt he page is incorrect, and should hopefully be fixed before the actual release of the program.

I know you have all been waiting for this release, as have I, and believe me, we are closer now than we have ever been. Please provide patience, and i PROMISE to provide any and all updates here as we progress.

-Andrew @ RoboForm Support

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Well, there are obvious bugs. You can actuall use the copd. File with aerize card loader and actuslly get the file to work. The problem is that the icon is not there sol the program is useless. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Sorry about the spelling. I'm currently in pre-op and the drugs are working~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thank You Andrew. For now I have put a copy of the My Roboform folder files on to the media card and when connected I can open the files. I do need to be connected to a computer that has the Roboform program to read them. I have been using RoboForm on my laptop and desktop for at least 7-8 years and will be very happy to see the BB version when finished. I just hope that it happens soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast