In my (very recent) Palm days I used a program called Tryda (previously Directory Assistant") ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

eninrebmun no está en línea Stack level 1

reverse lookup

Advertisement

In my (very recent) Palm days I used a program called Tryda (previously Directory Assistant") and have been looking for a Berry equivalent.

I have found things that come close. It does 411 (yellow pages, white pages), and does all the reverse lookups with the results coming up in the application, no launching of a browser - and ties to google maps. One thing it had was Neighbor Search, where it would list all the names and addresses found near an address.

Have I overlooked a program out there? Tryda's site says coming soon is Windows Mobile, but no love for the Blackberry. Tryda is free too.

Thanks!

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    alot of ppl use Beyound 411 for their BB's

it does however launch the browser
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I use whitepages, and just have it bookmarked.

eninrebmun no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by moses2628 View Post
    I use whitepages, and just have it bookmarked.
    I have used Beyond411, and it is ok - but not exactly a replacement.

Whitepages.com would be a workable replacement if it acted like on a full computer, that is, having the full site with a search to find address near (your neighbors) ... but I always get redirected to m.whitepages.com ... which does not have these extra search features.

Blackberry's builtin browser has the settings to supposedly emulate other browsers, but it does not (for this page, anyway). I am wondering if the site sees my gateway and re-directs me no matter what I set on my Berry software wise. Unable to locate anything for Opera Mini to emulate other browsers.

Still researching.

Thanks for the replies.
    Last edited by eninrebmun; 11-05-2008 at 06:17 PM.