Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by jdiiams Eyecon- you aren't comparing apples to apples in the treo bb ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jdiiams View Post
    Eyecon- you aren't comparing apples to apples in the treo bb game... Have you ever read the battles between india and blackberry? India wanted their encryption keys so they could snoop bbs whenever they wanted to. RIM said not only no, but hell no. Imagine if you were RIM and a third party wanted to make an app to where convos could be recorded. That doesn't align with the stringent practices of blackberry and their air-tight OS's. Its not a smoke screen, its CYA. The person who suggested that these apps haven't been made because of legal concerns is making a business decision. Please don't attack other stackers who are just trying to help.

Exactly...RIM is blocking this from happening....there is nothing a developer can do about it....

That is why I am talking about the smokescreen...why can't that user just say he can't develop it because it is not possible instead of throwing the legal argument in the mix? He said he didn't try because of the legal issues...I call BS..

I bet you many developers have tried...but they just can't do it

If this was possible, a developer would have jumped on this regardless of the legal ramifications (which could be avoided by having the user accept their terms and acknowledge the fact that it is illegal)

BTW...it is illegaly in only 12/50 states

There are other legitmate reasons to record a phone call instead of blackmailing people...such as taking notes?

PIN/ID
    3198998E
    Eyecon, I didn't start this thread for anyone to start bashing another. The developer said they didn't choose to make the app for security and legal reasons. That's it. There doesn't have to be a 12 page rant on why he said what he did. I've come to terms that I probably won't get the app. So unless there's actually a real app I can use this post can be closed.

If someone finds a legit app, please PM me with the info.~via smartphone~

how is saying someone is throwing up a smokescreen as bashing? you must be very sensitive

adperdue no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by andreybutov View Post
    Actually, Antair never had a product with a feature of recording a BlackBerry phone call.
    Sorry about that, my post should have said "Antiar probably pulled their app"

I'm sorry if my posts come of as rude; but there is a reason for my frustration

there are literally 100's of threads regarding this topic..and we always have users come on say..."well, it's illegal"

The fact of that matter is....yea it is illegal in 12/50 states.....but that has nothing to do with it...RIM does not allow this to occur. They either block this through their OS or there is no physical connection to the ear piece allowing this to happen...so it is very irritating when people give reasons, which have nothing to do with the fact that phone convo recording is NOT POSSIBLE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12