Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone know of an app that can record calls, on both ends, that can ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

PIN/ID
    3198998E

Record calls?

Advertisement

Does anyone know of an app that can record calls, on both ends, that can be out on the blackberry? If there is, could you point me in the right direction. I'll do some searching myself and if I find anything i'll post back here.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I looked at another user's request months ago and couldn't find anything. Antair used to have an app like that, but dropped it because of security issues. Both parties need to know that the conversation is being recorded.

Not sure you'll be able to find one.

adperdue no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Both parties need to know that the conversation is being recorded.
    Depends on what state you are recording in. Some require all parties participating in the call be made aware, and that can be as little as a short beep every minute or so, to a full disclosure that you are ecording. Some states, like mine, require one party be aware, and a few have no requirements. Antair pulled its app for the same concerns that corporations have about cameras. Internal security. That includes having the recordings used against them in court.

But I do agree on your last point, good luck finding an app for blackberry's.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    you might try this
    never mind. ebven though it says blackberry the platform is windows..
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    you might look into this
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

andreybutov no está en línea Stack level 2
    Actually, Antair never had a product with a feature of recording a BlackBerry phone call.

But the general notion is correct -- we've had requests for such software, and we never chose to make it because of security and legal concerns.
    Antair BlackBerry Software
    A spam filter for a cleaner inbox, a call screener to block calls, and more great BlackBerry tools.
    www.antair.com

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Could've sworn you did, Andrey. Sorry for the confusion.

And good points, adperdue. I did know that the restrictions varied by state, etc and failed to mention that. Thanks for the clarification.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I thought I saw a prog recently released of this nature. If I can locate it, I'll repost. Here's a link to the legal ramifications, and they are quite extensive:
    http://www.pimall.com/nais/n.recordlaw.html

Please see below...
    Last edited by Berryadict; 02-01-2009 at 05:32 PM. Reason: wap limitations

Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    Apparently RIM has prevented software of this nature from being implemented on it's platform due to liability concerns. There is a program called Grand Central which has been utilized, and here is a link to one that has been in "development", though may be bogus:
    http://www.recordedcalls.com/
    Here is a prog for which you pay a monthly fee and dial an access code in order to record conversations:
    www.cogi.com
    Last edited by Berryadict; 02-01-2009 at 05:33 PM.

PIN/ID
    3198998E
    Thanks everyone, that's what I was looking for. I'm gonna try some stuff out after a couple days and i'll let ya'll know how it goes. Hey maybe I'll try and right a review on it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Welcome Roger. Let us know how it goes

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by andreybutov View Post
    Actually, Antair never had a product with a feature of recording a BlackBerry phone call.

But the general notion is correct -- we've had requests for such software, and we never chose to make it because of security and legal concerns.
    then how come CallRec does it for treos? How come many dumb phones can do this? I think you're just trying to put up a smoke screen

In fact, developers have tried doing this, but couldn't because there is no physical connection to the earpiece...only the microphone

So, please stop with the smoke screens of if something is legal or not...most states have a 1 party consent law as well...come on now!!

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post

Apparently RIM has prevented software of this nature from being implemented on it's platform due to liability concerns. ... and here is a link to one that has been in "development", though may be bogus:
    http://www.recordedcalls.com/
    The recordedcalls.com one is almost assuredly bogus. I'd mentioned it in a post a few months back and had also mentioned that I found it odd they were saying they were 15-21 days away from a solution vs giving a deadline. A few months later they're still saying 15-21 days...be wary of giving them your information.

jdiiams no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a04078
    Eyecon- you aren't comparing apples to apples in the treo bb game... Have you ever read the battles between india and blackberry? India wanted their encryption keys so they could snoop bbs whenever they wanted to. RIM said not only no, but hell no. Imagine if you were RIM and a third party wanted to make an app to where convos could be recorded. That doesn't align with the stringent practices of blackberry and their air-tight OS's. Its not a smoke screen, its CYA. The person who suggested that these apps haven't been made because of legal concerns is making a business decision. Please don't attack other stackers who are just trying to help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast