Hi All, I want to reinstall my OS and T-Mobile told me I will lose ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

chris1128 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F8A43D

Thumbs up RE: How to backup games and other third party Apps?

Advertisement

Hi All,

I want to reinstall my OS and T-Mobile told me I will lose any third party software I have installed. I don't have that much except for a few games but I don't want to have to pay for them again. Is there a way to back them up so I can install them again after I redo the OS? Sorry for what is probably a newbie question lol! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Christina

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: How to backup games and other third party Apps?

Is there a reason you want to reinstall your OS?

If you backup your pearl using the backup/restore utility in the desktop manager that should save everything.

Then you can do whatever you want and then restore everything back to your pearl. You may have to reinput the registration codes but everything should be there.

Hope this helps.

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

I have detailed exactly how to do this on my website. You will still need your serial numbers when you readd your third party apps.

www.kradest.com

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

Yes, I agree with the above. If you are using the new desktop software 4.2.1.8 it will restore all the 3rd party apps. You will have to reenter in all the registration keys. I just upgraded the os on my 7130c and I had to reenter all the registration keys.

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

I just update the method i use. It is ideal for just backing up ota apps once in awhile and stashing them somewhere.

PIN/ID
    23F8A43D

Thanks everyone! I wanted to re-install the OS because I lent my boyfriend my blackberry for 2 days when he lost his phone because he needed a phone for work. He has a My Faves plan and I don't but his icons did something to my phone. I couldn't get them off the phone unless I hid them and even on T-mobile online it mentioned My Faves unlimited minutes yet I don't have that kind of plan. So the only way to get rid of it was to wipe the software. I decided to upgrade to the new Italy OS update after reading the forum some. I did it last night and everything went smoothly. The on/off for the auto dim is back yah!!. The only thing I don't like is the Zen theme. It puts all the icons on the home screen. But other than that everything is good. Thanks for all the help!!

Christina

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Sweet glad you got everything working! Welcome to the stacks!

PIN/ID
    23F8A43D

Thumbs up Re: How to backup games and other third party Apps?

Thanks Reddog!! Hi Krad, I went to your website and was interested in your info on how to put the Zen theme back to the old list format instead of the icons all over the screen. But the file link isn't working. Is there someplace else to get that file or can you fix the link? Thanks for everyones help!!

Christina