I downloaded this from the downloads section here and I love the program. I saw ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Jake_says no está en línea Stack level 2

Ramble IM: SMS or Web Based?

Advertisement

I downloaded this from the downloads section here and I love the program. I saw somewhere that most BB IM apps are web-based but I wanted to make sure this one was. Does anyone know?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Ramble IM: SMS or Web Based?

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    I don't think there is a clear answer on this yet. I have heard yes and I have heard no. I am guessing that you are not on an unlimited sms package? I wasn't and for a month ever aol msg I sent I was charged 5 cents for. I went to ramble under the assumption that it was web based, however I am almost sure that I was still getting charged a per message fee. If you are like me and keep ramble running all the time (except the times that it automatically logs off) I would suggest going ahead and atleast getting the minimal sms package that you can. Or atleast until someone can give a definate yes or no answer to this.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by Jake_says
    I downloaded this from the downloads section here and I love the program. I saw somewhere that most BB IM apps are web-based but I wanted to make sure this one was. Does anyone know?
    Does Ramble™ use SMS?
    No. Ramble connects to the network via the BlackBerry data network, not via SMS. You will not incur SMS charges when using Ramble IM

Here is the link with the information http://wireless.sra.com/ramble/faq.html#id7

Hope this is helpful!

Jake_says no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by msbrenda64
    Does Ramble™ use SMS?
    No. Ramble connects to the network via the BlackBerry data network, not via SMS. You will not incur SMS charges when using Ramble IM

Here is the link with the information http://wireless.sra.com/ramble/faq.html#id7

Hope this is helpful!
    Thank you! That definetely answered my question.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    The I'm suite from OZ that available for T-Mobile is the only I'm program I'm aware of that uses SMS.

pratikdoshi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23d89e0d

Thank GOD that ramble doesnt use sms... i was so worried that it would.