Title pretty much describes it. Using a 7100t on T-Mobile, and Ramble isn't giving me ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

siliconvalley785 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2260D5E4

Ramble IM Question - not receiving vibrating/tone notification while keypad locked

Advertisement

Title pretty much describes it. Using a 7100t on T-Mobile, and Ramble isn't giving me any type of notification of an incoming IM when the device has the keypad locked. Is this normal folks?

Pritesh

sangesf no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23C8604D

Re: Ramble IM Question - not receiving vibrating/tone notification while keypad locked

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Send me an im I'll have my keyboard locked, right now... And ill let u know.. Aim name = sangesf

I have an issue too.. (Read on)

Let me start off with what I am trying to accomplish....

Since I have my Blackberry (7290) from work, they don't have me on an unlimited sms plan (text messaging).

All of my friends (non-bb's) have unlimited text, so I came up with this idea (and I have it working up to a point)....

I figured with AIM I can setup my friends cell # as a buddy. Then I connect to AIM via Ramble and text from Ramble to that buddy.I have an issue with it tho...

Half of the ones I set up (including my own phone) do not receive the texts from Ramble, but half DO!
    Have any clue why?

(F. Y. I. I have tried setting the cell numbers all in AIM and when that didn't help, I tried all in Ramble, which still didn't make a diff)

n4wwl no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Ramble IM Question - not receiving vibrating/tone notification while keypad locked

Siliconvalley -- There is a known bug with Ramble and the 7100 series BB that does not give the user an audible or vibrating notification when new IM messages appear. It is acknowledged by Ramble in the FAQs. I use an unlocked 7100g with T-Mobile and have the same problem. Ramble says a future release will solve the problem. I'm still waiting.

siliconvalley785 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2260D5E4

Ok. I sent them an email about it, so I'll post what they say when they get back to me.

Pritesh