So I downloaded the newest version of Ramble (the older version didnt work) to my ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Ramble IM question

Advertisement

So I downloaded the newest version of Ramble (the older version didnt work) to my BB 8830 on Sprint. I am happy to report that it works! I do have two questions however. First, does Ramble go through the BES or the public internet? Their website seems to indicate it goes through the public internet, although I am not 100% sure. Secondly, is there any option to change it so you get an alert (like RIM's AIM client) on the homescreen when you get a message? As of now unless you are in the application you have no way of knowing.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Ramble IM question

i haven't used ramble in ages, but you should be able to change the alert in your profiles. have you checked there to see if there is an entry for ramble? just like there is for each email/phone/text/etc.

and im pretty sure that ramble subtracts from your text messaging...its not data.

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Ramble IM question

Unfortunately there is no Ramble settings in the profile alerts. Oh well, I was hoping to find a (free!) alternative to the RIM provided AIM, but I guess I will just have to keep on looking!