as many of you know this app consumes me. Last night I "upgraded" to the ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Radiobee here I go again

Advertisement

as many of you know this app consumes me. Last night I "upgraded" to the telefonica os. All good but radiobee was rendered dead, like a can of raid was involved . Tonight downgrade to tmo .64. Now radiobee is choppier than when I first loaded it.
    Verrrrry slow on loading and throws error codes randomly. deleted all aftermarket apps. Oh yeah pearl on tmo 3 months old. 10 deletes and reloads later its kinda working. so many battery pulls I lost track.
    If you upgraded and radiobee still works PLEASE pm me i'll need basic info, os, carrier, the like.
    N8 you are like me on this program. if you got a minute spare it.
    If you are in the same boat as me hang on i'm working on it.
    I miss my bee
    Will post with results. Thanx in advance
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Well, I have been using it mainly on the 8700, however, I did notice this...

The other night, I guess it was last Friday maybe? I was trying to use it and when I tried to load the application, it kept locking the berry up, throwing a not responding error and I had to keep rebooting...

Eventually I got it working okay, but then it would randomly disconnect...

However, I haven't had any problems with it since then, so not sure what the deal was.

I just got into work, so let me get some coffee and actually get a few things out of the way and then I will be back to read the post in its entirety.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I am on the telefonica OS, carrier T-Mo,Fresno, CA

Radiobee is working fine for me as it did with the other OS. Sorry I can't be of more assistance since its working on my end

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Hey Kayos,

When you redownloaded the radiobee application, which did you download? The BETA or the ALPHA version?

I can't get Alpha to do ANYTHING, which is kind of funny because other people say it's the complete opposite with them...

PIN/ID
    ask me
    I tried both versions. very busy @ work today. no time to play. gonna post back around 6:00 vegas time will let you know the outcome. thanks for everyones input was putting toggether a large post of stations that work.Once mine works again I'll let everyone know. It would be rude to post without testing. Thanks all
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3
    It seldom works for me so I don't even bother with it anymore.

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

Re: Radiobee here I go again

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Well, I have been using it mainly on the 8700
    How did you get it to work on the 8700? I thought it only worked on the Pearl.

PIN/ID
    ask me

ok got it going again sort of many drops and cut outs. trying diff apn settings. I know not supposed to work, but in my job most everything I do goes against all that should make sense. I am a troubleshooter by nature and make things work. To quote Mythbusters "I reject your reality and substitute my own". I live by that theory. will keep you posted with what ends up working, or be put in the loony bin, whatever comes first. Thanks for the help I did get some good replys from all. n8 let me know what you end up with. Thanx
    more coffee it's gonna be a long night

PIN/ID
    ask me

ok after hours of trials I got it going again. from what I can gather from my days of trying or crying-eh whatever it works. Radiobee + opera mini + update .64 = no music. however if loaded in the right order radiobee is smoother than ever!!!! yay. correct order is. delete radiobee and opera mini. update os, opera mini first then radiobee. not sure why but it works. still a bit choppy but wait, I WILL figure it out. hang in there through the pauses. will be able to play soon, the wife has to travel all next week, I will let everyone know asap. thanks for the help and info. POST SOON!!!!

everyone was a noob once be patient

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by Spamdumpster
    How did you get it to work on the 8700? I thought it only worked on the Pearl.
    With the 4.2 OS...Could never get it to work with the 4.1 OS

PIN/ID
    ask me

Thumbs up Re: Radiobee here I go again

Hello all Kayos again. radiobee is alive
    here are my new settings very diff from previous
    pearl on tmo .64 + radiobee + opera

chunck size 50
    buffer size 90000
    debug level 10
    min play 65000
    time out 1 32
    time out 2 128
    buffer type double
    as before all others are left at no

this seems to work very well still a glitch here and there but with me it's always a work in progress. faster on the shut down, at times I thought radiobee had taken over my bb. now I can get back to checking stations. I still don't know why these buffer settings work, but I am happy they do!