Was Surfing and came across this neat little App and thought some of you might ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Thumbs up QuickPlayer: For BlackBerry

Advertisement

Was Surfing and came across this neat little App and thought some of you might be interested. I downloaded via OTA and installed it with no problem in minutes on my BB Curve 8310, and it works pretty good!

QuickPlayer For BlackBerry

The QuickPlayer for BlackBerry streams audiocasts of the latest news, business, sports and more every day on your BlackBerry. Visit getQuickPlayer.com from your BlackBerry device to get it now. The service is free to download and preview and costs $7.95 USD a month (not including applicable data charges that may apply from your wireless carrier) to get unlimited access to all channels. There are over 100 channels updated daily!

http://www.getquickplayer.com/

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: QuickPlayer: For BlackBerry

Sweet.....

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    Was Surfing and came across this neat little App and thought some of you might be interested. I downloaded via OTA and installed it with no problem in minutes on my BB Curve 8310, and it works pretty good!

The QuickPlayer for BlackBerry streams audiocasts of the latest news, business, sports and more every day on your BlackBerry. Visit getQuickPlayer.com from your BlackBerry device to get it now. The service is free to download and preview and costs $7.95 USD a month (not including applicable data charges that may apply from your wireless carrier) to get unlimited access to all channels. There are over 100 channels updated daily!

It is a Nice App!http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...irst_look.html Been around for awhile.

scmurphy13 no está en línea Stack level 3

I installed this on my 8320 and everytime I try to run it I get this error: uncaught exception: java.lang.error. How can I get it to work?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bebe no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: QuickPlayer: For BlackBerry

Quote Originally Posted by scmurphy13 View Post
    I installed this on my 8320 and everytime I try to run it I get this error: uncaught exception: java.lang.error. How can I get it to work?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I am having the same issue with my blackberry. Did you ever get yours going or are you still having problems? Very agrivating. HELP!!!!

bebe no está en línea Stack level 1

I also have the same problem with that java message coming up after I download. What am I doing wrong here!!! HELP

shardsofapertur no está en línea Stack level 1

me too, tried a few different versions (the 8300 series covers 10 20 and 30) so i tired others for the heck of it, nothing works!

jayeverette no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2437b3bd

I figured it out a little bit ago. check this post.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._my_curve.html

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I like quickplayer but I'm not sure I want to pay $7.95 a month. Have to think on this one.

amcat no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post

I just went to the site and it claims to be free.

"QuickPlayer for BlackBerry streams podcasts of the latest news, business, sports and more on your BlackBerry. Visit www.GetQuickPlayer.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to get started. The service is free to download, and free to use (not including standard data service charges that may apply from your wireless carrier) and you get unlimited access to all channels. There are over 100 channels updated daily!"

Although I can't seem to get it to work on my VZW 8130.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

it does say it's free! I'm going to download it.

It goes to a product called 'VideoStreams for Blackberry' as the downloadable. When I open the program the splash screen comes up and just hangs. I'm thinking VZW might have a problem using this app?

"All you require is a BlackBerry smartphone which supports video streaming – such as the BlackBerry 8130® (BlackBerry Pearl with video streaming support). The BlackBerry 8130 is available from Mobile Operators with an EVDO network such as Sprint, Nextel, Bell, Telus and Alltel**. You will also require a standard BlackBerry data plan from your Mobile Operator."

akosnitzky no está en línea Stack level 3
    As far as the audio podcasts, it seems we can only pick from their channels. I wish we could add channels that are NOT in their guide.