for now it is storm only. who else thinks it's BS to have to pay ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

quicklaunch 2.0 just released

Advertisement

for now it is storm only.

who else thinks it's BS to have to pay $1.99 for this upgrade when we paid $4.99 for it to start with and you can buy it outright now for $4.99?i could understand it if the new app was at a higher price than the original.as it stands now,the suckers that bought this before will have to shell out 7 bucks for it and folks just now getting it can shell out 5 bucks to get it.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    That's not cool at all. The app hasn't been around that long either...it's not like you bought it a couple years ago, or even 1 year ago. I don't blame you for being
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    wow and i am goin to be testing this for the 81XX crazy man

PIN/ID
    wut?
    what made it worse was i got my usual email from mobihand telling me that an upgrade was available.so i go to my download link and proceed to download.then i get the message that i have to delete the old version to install this new version.after doing that i find out my activation code is no longer valid.then i research a little to find out about the buck99 upgrade fee.so then i was without the original app with no way of reloading it. i know it's only a couple of bucks...i paid it and have the app back now i just don't like the principle of the whole thing....."stepping off my soapbox now"

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    crap..this is why the world is in the situation its in now..greed

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by camshafter View Post
    crap..this is why the world is in the situation its in now..greed
    yup why i like the people who try and remake a app and turn it free like vib&ring there is about 5 out there that are free and better with more options u know but some pay programs are good but doin that to people is just wrong if they pay for a key that key should be good for updated versions, and once people find this out they will not keep payin for a app so after a update it stops working

PIN/ID
    ask
    whats in the update? i also have this app.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    once it comes out for the other devices will be able to load apps that are not running, do screencap and others is from what the maker said when i emailed him about beta testing 2.0

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by camshafter View Post
    whats in the update? i also have this app.
    so far it's storm only. there are several updates...a few are subfolders,a screen capture function,a new menu look,temp and high/low on the top of the menu,new backup/restore for the app...

PIN/ID
    ask
    just checked it out..it is pretty sweet, but i have a curve

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    ANY company that doesn't think it's software is good enough for a free trial (at least 3 days), is NOT getting any of my $$.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

BBDJ no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30672DF9
    I purchased version 1.4 for $4.99. Then 1.5 cam out and because I bought the original through App World, I paid another $4.99.

I had about a dozen email exchanges with the developer in trying to get this all sorted out since I was having problems because of App World. Right from the start, the developer offered to send me $4.99 because I paid twice for the app within a matter of weeks. But, with all the help/support he gave me, he deserved the extra $4.99 in my opinion.

I was able to upgrade to 2.0 for free because my purchase of 1.5 was so recent. If you purchased before April 1st, the upgrade to 2.0 would cost you $1.99. Not a bad price for a major upgrade to the Application and this is a MAJOR upgrade. Where can you get major updates for free? Not Microsoft......not anywhere as far as I know.

The developer is not a large company. He is an individual spending hours upon hours developing a product, debugging a product, and then supporting that product while also working at a regular job.

In truth, I would have spent $20 easily for this Application because that is how much better it has made my Storm experience.

If you don't want to pay $4.99 or even $1.99 for an update, then don't. You don't need to rant & rave about a person you don't even know.

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423
    Unfair. You guys should try shortcutme. There's a video on youtube. I love shortcutme (shortcutberry).
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~