Hello Everyone- I've been scouring the net for a possible Quickbooks application designed for the ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

erattix no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20FD7E2C

Question Quickbooks Application for Blackberry

Advertisement

Hello Everyone-

I've been scouring the net for a possible Quickbooks application designed for the Blackberry. So far, I've found nothing. Even looking at the Quickbooks Marketplace where 3rd-party application developers post products reveals nothing for the Blackberry. At this point, I have several clients who are using the Google Applications for Your Domains suite and are just now utilizing the Gmail Blackberry application. They'd like to continue use on the Blackberry platform, but they also want access to their Quickbooks files via their Blackberry.

So I pose these questions to all of you:

-Does anyone know of Quickbooks-related software that will let you do invoices and review client data on the Blackberry?

-(If not,) Does anyone know if there is an emulator for the Blackberry that allows Windows Mobile applications to run on the Blackberry O/S?

Thanks for any help you all might provide-

-Evin

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Quickbooks Application for Blackberry

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If I understand what you're driving at, you might wish to take a look at Ascendo Money. It imports/exports qif files, syncs with desktop software.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Take a look at these two apps. The first syncs Quickbooks with Act! so that invoices and the such can be viewed in Act! The second syncs your Act! app with mobile devices such as the BB. By tying the two together it looks as if you can import into Act! and view on the BB by syncing with Act! It will sync every 15 minutes so the data is up to date.
    http://www.cornerstonesolutions.com/qblink.html << Quickbooks link for QB to Act!
    http://www.handheldcontact.com/about << Act! sync to your BB

PIN/ID
    20FD7E2C

@Yogich: I looked at Ascendo Money and while that looks like a nice personal finance organizer, I fear that it's a bit too homebrew application to interface with Quickbooks. I don't want to insult anyone's intelligence, but there is a difference between Quicken and Quickbooks. Quicken is used for personal finance management and Quickbooks for business finance and operations management. Both two very different purposes. So, if you know of any business finance sync services like what doughdaddy posted, that would be ideal.

@doughdaddy: I took a look at both of the applications you recommended. I've seen the service developed by Cornerstone Solutions, so that was good to see that I was on par for finding the right type of service to integrate with. What I'm concerned with is that two of my clients are trying to start doing orders/invoicing from their Blackberry...not just syncing existing data to mobile. In addition, one of them is not using Act, so that'd be another software purchase to make and keep up-to-date. I looked into Cornerstone's solution, but I just don't see the invoicing capability. Any other thoughts or am I wrong in that you can't make new invoices/sales orders from the Handheld Contact solution?

Thanks for both replies guys. I really appreciate it.

Regards,
    Evin

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Reading the info on both I think Act! only allows invoice viewing on the BB via Act! notes and history. Quickbooks can create invoices with the info that Act! supplies; contact, customer info from sales leads. I do not think you can create an invoice from the BB so that should solve that issue. As far as licencing, you should be able to add Act! users instead of new purchases correct?

PIN/ID
    20FD7E2C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Wow! So there is no known way to do invoicing on the BB? That's too bad. Does anyone know of an emulator application that would allow a user to run a Windows Mobile application on the BB platform?
    Last edited by erattix; 12-28-2007 at 04:46 AM.

jlii no está en línea Stack level 1

Have you thought of just using your blackberry to connect with your office computer and then just work with quickbooks from your blackberry through that wireless connection? That is a way to use quickbooks on your blackberry.

Honestly, that was my first thought. A bit cumbersome I am sure, but it would work.

jlii no está en línea Stack level 1

Otherwise, check out this link handmark(dot)com/products/detail.php?id=608.

I think this is what you are looking for. I would of course setup the trackit program to mrror many of the categories and such with the information gathered and tracked in quickbooks to make a cleaner import into quickbooks.

Hope this helps.

PIN/ID
    20FD7E2C

@jlii: Thanks for the prospect...but that looks too far off for what I'm looking for. I've been trying to find something in the Intuit Marketplace, but everything is designed for Windows Mobile. Any other ideas?