I've been supporting BIS and BES for a network operator for two years now, and ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Quick IM recommendation

Advertisement

I've been supporting BIS and BES for a network operator for two years now, and yet until this point have never actually had a Blackberry myself. Having decided it was time to get one, I got myself a 7230 and have set about seeing what useful software I could get onto it.

Top of the list was an IM client that would let me use MSN on the move. I tried a few, but none impressed until I found Quick IM.

(www.quickim.com)

Since installing (OTA with no problem) I've found the client quick and easy to use, with all the key features I'm looking for (Changing status, picking how i want to be alerted, running in background, multiple simultanious chats...) while not impacting greatly on the speed my Blackberry operates (a problem I had with other clients).

Given my job and the exposure I've had to bad software for Blackberry devices so far this has really impressed and I'd recommend trying it if you haven't already.

Anyway, I'm off to play with Quick IM while I eat my breakfast...

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: Quick IM recommendation

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~try yak-on very reliable for me.

LILKOOLZ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215A2AF1

Ugh Quick IM, never try it..love mine yak-on..

peterme no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I tried every one I could find. Settled on WebMessenger. I use it a lot.

FairyMary no está en línea Stack level 1

I have compared this with IM+ and IM+ seems to be more stable. I will play with it more but for today I would choose IM+.