Just got Boxtone and im a little confused by the RAM and Flash memory info. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

cbarry317 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question regarding RAM & FLash mem

Advertisement

Just got Boxtone and im a little confused by the RAM and Flash memory info.
    My 8300 says RAM 8/18MB and Flash 25/55 MB. Can anyone give me a quick explanation of what the ideal amounts or what exactly uses ram/flash? Like do apps use RAM or flash?
    Would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks guys

mitchberk no está en línea Developer

Memory

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry317 View Post
    Just got Boxtone and im a little confused by the RAM and Flash memory info.
    My 8300 says RAM 8/18MB and Flash 25/55 MB. Can anyone give me a quick explanation of what the ideal amounts or what exactly uses ram/flash? Like do apps use RAM or flash?
    Would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks guys
    RAM is the memory your blackberry uses to process the running applications. When you have a large number of applications open, are using memory intensives applications, or an application has a memory leak, you may see a decrease in the available RAM. If this number gets very low (e.g., 1MB or 0MB), the performance and responsiveness of your BlackBerry may be degrade. Generally closing applications will free some memory; however, re-booting your BlackBerry may be required in extreme cases.
    Flash memory is the memory on which your BlackBerry stores your messages, appts, applications, media, etc. In some ways it is similar to the hard drive of a traditional computer. When your BlackBerry runs low on Flash memory, there may not be room available to store new data (e.g., messages, photos); therefore, your BlackBerry will automatically attempt to free room by deleting data to make room. In extreme cases, this may result in the deletion of older messages and call logs. To avoid the deletion, free memory by deleting unused applications, unneeded media files (e.g., photos, music, movies), older or unneeded messages, appts, and call logs.

-BoxTone