Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

I had a serious memory leak during the beta testing and up until now on ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Blackberryfreek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Advertisement

I had a serious memory leak during the beta testing and up until now on my 8320 but this maintenance update appears to have fixed it.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I am having a problem with the background colors on the widget being wrong, like it still shows night time(not blue) for all of my east coast cities but it has been light there for 3 hours now. Also on previous versions cities where info was not available the widget would look a greenish color but now it is showing the same as all the others.

Also it is showing a moon still for one of my california cities but they are on the same time as AZ right now and the cities I follow here in AZ all have the sun icons. The "observed" time for the weather conditions is all around the same time, but the sun/moon icons are not right.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    I've been using this since last weekend and am having an issue with it. I was having 2 issues but posed in the original review thread and was directed here to the new beta. I was having issues with backgrounds resetting upon device reset but I think this version fixed that (I'll post back if it's not fixed), however I am having an issue that this does not fix and needs to be addressed.

The alerts are not accurate for my area. The alerts do not say what the source of the alerts (what weather service?)is and don't specify the counties included in the advisory for my area. Example: Yesterday and today there is a weather advisory showing for my city but neither our local news, my weather channel desktop (pc) or any other weather source in my area lists an advisory being active. Late last evening I did however see one on TV for a couple counties along the nothern border of my state, which is a minimum of 40 miles away. I just upgraded to this new beta and still have the same issue. Also we are currently under a "flood warning" which has not shown up at all in berryweather.

Also I find the weather updates being 1 to 2 hours behind even though it updates every 30 min. to be unsatisfactory.

This app has great potential but these issues will make me go back to WB Direct if they are not corrected. I must add that I don't see this as an issue with the software itself, but rather an issue with the weather service it is using to get weather info.
    Last edited by pegb856; 04-06-2009 at 11:11 AM.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    When you talk about the weather updates, do you mean the "observed at" time? That time may not always be accurate because it is telling you when the last reading was taken by the NWS. The update every 30 minutes checks at the specified times to see if there was a NEW one update by them. That's why it shows hours behind sometimes.

I posted more information for you in the other Berryweather thread as well.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

PIN/ID
    A Colata
    Yes I am talking about when the updates are being observed. Seems like there are plenty of sources that are more frequently updated and accurate. JMO.

I'm in zip code 46825 if anyone wants to reference the alerts issue.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    When I wake up I'll add that zip and watch it tonight.

Right now the only issue I have seems to be that BerryBuzz was effected. Either late or no alert for sms or now not the right color. Last night I got 2 correct (blue) and 2 no reminder, and this morning the color was red. Pretty sure this is a BerryWeather issue pfluger, since I've nothing else new running since maint release.

PIN/ID
    A Colata
    My winter weather alerts have now expired so I have no alerts, however we are still under a flood warning, according to all other sources. And one of the listed flood areas is within 5 miles of me. Just FYI. If you do any monitoring of my zip I suggest you also track it via another source for comparison.

Thanks.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

Then ill start tomorrow. Signal iffy @ work and I only have 18 min to snag all I can.

PIN/ID
    A Colata
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    When I wake up I'll add that zip and watch it tonight.

Right now the only issue I have seems to be that BerryBuzz was effected. Either late or no alert for sms or now not the right color. Last night I got 2 correct (blue) and 2 no reminder, and this morning the color was red. Pretty sure this is a BerryWeather issue pfluger, since I've nothing else new running since maint release.
    Thank you, I really appreciate it!
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

Np. weekend thru tuesday hard for me to do much of anything. 12hr shifts are killers.
    I've added the zip and will keep an eye on it. I'm sure others will as well. Some of us have invested a lot of time (not as much as bellshare mind yoy) and want to help users and bellshare. You'll get help somehow

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    It would seem there would be somewhere else to get updates and alerts more frequent than what BerryWeather uses currently.

How frequent do youwant udates? Are you talking about temp/conditions or severe weather alerts?

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I wouldn't mind having actual updates every 30 minutes and I understand BerryWeather can update that often but the station doesn't.
    I have alerts set to 10 minutes and that's because when severe weather is around 10 minutes could be too long.

I had WB on my phone for a while with BerryWeather and it would get alerts befor BerryWeather.

From my experience:
    When I had wb direct, the info was polled from different places in different areas. As you said, that info is polled at intervals BerryWeather can dictate.

As for alerts, do you have that set @ 10 intervals or the actual weather @ 10 or both?

From what I've come to understand the alerts are separate, so may not need to have both (if you do) set the same.

You were around during beta, so you know that if this can be addressed it will. As for wb getting alerts before, all I can say is not from what I personally have had. Although, admittedly I deleted wb shortly after installing, reinstalling just a short time after alerts were added.
    I'd say be patient and see what Bellshare does. Just like before this is beta, and some things just need to be ironed out.

God I miss word wrap. Trying to edit one of first lines. Bellshare CAN'T dictate when locations poll their info. (Know you prob realize that, but I had a train of thought that got derailed)
    Last edited by jfcooley; 04-06-2009 at 04:32 PM.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    my forecast for today said it was going to be 75 with rain this morning. i knew this was wrong because it wasn't supposed to get out of the 50's today. finally sometime it updated to the correct forecast and said 50 was going to be the high for today. my temp on the homescreen has stayed at 39 all day long and hasn't updated since 11:20. it will not update now...says updating then update failed. i may go back to WB till this gets sorted out.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast