Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Originally Posted by gusgus413 weird, i have it running on my storm all day no ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by gusgus413 View Post
    weird, i have it running on my storm all day no battery issues that i can tell? what else are you running app wise?

Way to get in and help Gus!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

greggray no está en línea Stack level 1
    The only other thing I changed at the time I added BerryStorm was to update to the newest version of MeterBerry. MeterBerry was showing crazy numbers like 6% per hour with BerryWeather running. I have swapped BBWeather back in and will see what happens today. I will also swap BerryStorm back in (if my trial does not end) afterward to make sure the problem was not envirnmental (we had lots of weather alerts and storms the last few days).

-Greg

EDIT:

Note that others are seeing this too - From the Crackberry Forum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/be...-usage-216439/
    Last edited by greggray; 05-08-2009 at 04:36 PM.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by greggray View Post
    Any news on the Storm battery usage problem? I downloaded the trial from mobihand and tried the 1.0.34 release from m.bellshare.com and both ate my battery for lunch. I can't get through the day with a single charge with BerryWeather running. I'm bummed because I like the program enough to purchase but won't do it until this issue is addressed.

-Greg
    I too had a pronounced battery usage issue while BerryWeather was up and running for the first couple of weeks that I had it......I have 5 locations saved and was doing hourly updates......simply changed to update every 12 hours......may even change to 24 hours......actually, wouldn't mind the option of "never" because most, if not all users, will do an immediate update when they press w to obtain the latest forecast......so, the updating of forecasts during the time you are not viewing the screen is redundant, superfluous and irrelevant for the majority of users.....the majority of the time.
    Love this app and depend on it during my travels and now battery usage is significantly greater and easily lasts two days on my Curve 8310.
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

Quote Originally Posted by BestWitted View Post
    I ......simply changed to update every 12 hours......may even change to 24 hours......actually, wouldn't mind the option of "never" because most, if not all users, will do an immediate update when they press w to obtain the latest forecast......so, the updating of forecasts during the time you are not viewing the screen is redundant, superfluous and irrelevant for the majority of users.....
    If I change to update once or twice a day then the icon will not be correct. I show the icon on my home page and like the temp and conditions to be up to date. I run BBWeather with hourly updates and it does not impact my battery in any noticeable way.

Also, your experience is with a Curve. My understanding is that the battery issue is specific to Storm users.

Status update:

So far, with BerryWeather not running (BBWeather is), I am at 63% and it is late afternoon. Yesterday at this time I was at 19% after running BerryWeather all day. These numbers are based on MeterBerry logs. Both days I pretty much just used my BB for email and weather.

-Greg

GiorgosH no está en línea Stack level 2
    Any screenshots?

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I know on my storm it runs good, i beta tested this app, mainly on a 8330 but when i got my storm and switched over i havent noticed any huge battery drain? i have mine set on hour updates, weather advisorys every 3 hours. Maybe im just lucky or i am just not paying enough attention to it. I will set mine to 30 min updates tomorrow and post back what i see.

Quote Originally Posted by gusgus413 View Post
    I know on my storm it runs good, i beta tested this app, mainly on a 8330 but when i got my storm and switched over i havent noticed any huge battery drain? i have mine set on hour updates, weather advisorys every 3 hours. Maybe im just lucky or i am just not paying enough attention to it. I will set mine to 30 min updates tomorrow and post back what i see.
    I would appreciate that. At this point I've uninstalled the demo but I'd try again if a work around or a new version resolves the battery munching problem. Since I went back to BBWeather I'm back to being able to finish the day with battery to spare.

Not sure if it matters but I am a Verizon customer and am using the stock (.75) OS version.

-Greg

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    From the feedback we got the battery drain seems to mostly affect Storms.

What we haven't been able to figure out yet is whether the drain is due to network use or due to a bug in the BerryWeather core. Only way to find this out is if people you are seeing battery drain could report if switching to no auto update solves the problem.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Copy that pfluger, I didn't get a chance to test it today, but its on my to do list for tomorrow
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by pfluger View Post

What we haven't been able to figure out yet is whether the drain is due to network use or due to a bug in the BerryWeather core. Only way to find this out is if people you are seeing battery drain could report if switching to no auto update solves the problem.
    Ok, I'll load it back up and (assuming the trial resets) I'll try it with updates turned off.

-Greg

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Pfluger can figure it out-he is tha man!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

My trial has ended and your software was smart enough to realize this when I reinstalled it. I'd be happy to do some troubleshooting for you if you are able to extend my trial. I'm happy to buy the app but not until the problem is fixed.

One more thought - My office has very bad connectivity so if your software tries to connect to get a weather update and keeps trying forever on failure I could see how that could eat up battery life. If this is the case then perhaps a better solution would be to try a couple of times and if it fails then there will not be another attempt to update weather until the next time interval. I can always do a manual update if I need updated data. This is what BBWeather does but the bad thing with it is that it changes the weather icon to show that connection was lost. I'd rather just see the last known weather.

-Greg

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    We have finally finished the online support forum for our products. This will be the central place for collecting all bug reports, questions and suggestions for our products.

You are welcome to post there. You will find the forums at www.bellshare.com Forums

We will of course still to monitor forums like PinStack.com.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    We have finally finished the online support forum for our products. This will be the central place for collecting all bug reports, questions and suggestions for our products.

You are welcome to post there. You will find the forums at www.bellshare.com Forums

We will of course still to monitor forums like PinStack.com.
    I'm hoping this new forum is BlackBerry friendly as well?

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast