Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast

my advisories have been great -- this thing warned me a few times in the ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

my advisories have been great -- this thing warned me a few times in the last 48 hours about storms heading out way, and the warnings were dead on. I don't think there's anything wrong with the app itself. I suspect they're right when they say their source for alerts may have messed up...

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    there arent any advisories for pakistan... but my houston advisories have been on the dot...
    i see RED...

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Remember being a weather man is the only job you get paid for being wrong. Well not the only job but one of the only jobs. It can be a guessing game
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ^^^ good point... i think i need to be a weather man...
    i see RED...

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD View Post
    I suspect they're right when they say their source for alerts may have messed up...
    i understand that the app itself may be fine but it's only as good as the info it delivers to you. something needs to be done about the source of their information. it may be spot on for some users but it's evident that it's not for all.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
    Remember being a weather man is the only job you get paid for being wrong. Well not the only job but one of the only jobs. It can be a guessing game
    i'm not complaining about the temperature being a few degrees off or "the app said rain and it didn't rain".i'm complaining about not getting vital advisories when they are issued.the "weathermen" have the advisories right. i am getting them through my tv just not through the app.if anyone has satelite tv they know many times when a storm is arriving and you have heavy rain you can lose your tv signal for a period of time. to me this is not a ticky tack complaint about the app.it could be very important and even life saving.i'm very happy that the app is working great for those that have posted saying so,i'm just saying that it needs some immediate attention so it will be as reliable as the local alert system when warning you of storms for all users.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I believe you've got a valid point Cat, just dunno how to get them to address it. As much as I dig bellshare, it does seem that the features planned and this issue have been put on the back burner.

Dunno if its just too much with two new apps in the works or what.

Be nice to at least get feedback publicly here.

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    Some feedback from our side. We are working on this. It is not clear though whether we will be able to fix this with our current weather source or wether we will have to switch (at least for the advisories).

It would be very helpful if anyone having this issue could check if the advisory does show up at http://www.weather.gov/alerts-beta/. The NWS is where we currently get them from.

This will help us find out whether the advisory is not posted at all or whether there is only a problem in advisory to location mapping.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluger View Post
    Some feedback from our side. We are working on this. It is not clear though whether we will be able to fix this with our current weather source or wether we will have to switch (at least for the advisories).

It would be very helpful if anyone having this issue could check if the advisory does show up at http://www.weather.gov/alerts-beta/. The NWS is where we currently get them from.

This will help us find out whether the advisory is not posted at all or whether there is only a problem in advisory to location mapping.
    hey pflug,thanks for the response.i would be more than happy to work with you on getting this issue solved. on last sunday that i was speaking of i was getting advisories from noaa on the warnings(via text) but not through berryweather.so if it is the same service that you are using it might be a problem with the mapping. i can give you some screen shots of the noaa texts that i received sunday if it will help. just let me know what i need to do.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    also when i check the forcast on the link that you provided it does not match what berryweather has.

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    I just went to the site myself and although my forecasts from the website are similar, they are not spot on with the forecast on Berry Weather.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    hey pflug,thanks for the response.i would be more than happy to work with you on getting this issue solved. on last sunday that i was speaking of i was getting advisories from noaa on the warnings(via text) but not through berryweather.so if it is the same service that you are using it might be a problem with the mapping. i can give you some screen shots of the noaa texts that i received sunday if it will help. just let me know what i need to do.
    Yes, if you could send me the screenshots and the zip code for your location. That should help. You can send them to support (at) bellshare.com
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    also when i check the forcast on the link that you provided it does not match what berryweather has.
    We only pull the advisories from the national weather service.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluger View Post
    We only pull the advisories from the national weather service.
    where do you pull the forcasts from?

i'll email the zip and screen shots.

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    I also have eMobile Weather on my device and I just compared the forecasts. eMobile uses accuweather for their stats and it was much more accurate in forecast (with NWS's forecasts) than BerryWeather is. Maybe that's the issue with BerryWeather is it possible that since you don't use the same source as for advisoriies that the app is getting confused in some way? Just a thought.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

PIN/ID
    wut?
    email sent with screen shot