Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Interesting Roger. I'll see if I can reproduce it and observe anything unique to it. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Interesting Roger. I'll see if I can reproduce it and observe anything unique to it. I rarely delete a msg from the popup so I haven't seen it yet.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

If I'm looking at my home screen but not keying, and I have "turn on backlight..." set to no, should I NOT get a popup when an email comes in? All I get is the Berry Buzz light. I was thinking I should get a popup anyway... but I don't. It that correct? (Reminder, no SA, just BB and BP)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Do you have BP muted on home screen?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Do you have BP muted on home screen?
    Of course! Thx, ealvnv. Thought I had that set to "no" along with "mute when locked" and just overlooked it. I shouldn't have given up so quickly - this is one of those cases where, "...if it'd been a snake....."

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    It happens to me, that's why I knew it...

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    I've noticed a little "bug" in the application. Doesn't happen a lot, but it does happen.

When an e-mail comes in, the pop up screen comes up as it should. However, when I scroll over to the "stop sign", which is supposed to delete the e-mail message, it actually OPENS the message instead.

Now, we've been told by Bellshare that, while we can reply to and forward an e-mail, opening it was not possible because of a limitation of the RIM OS. So something strange is happening here.

Again, this is a sporadic event, so duplicating it will be an issue, but I've seen it happen at least three times now.
    That is an interesting obervation. Was the e-mail opened in "read-only" mode or were you allowed to edit the message body (like on a reply/forward)?
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I don't know if it's been mentioned yet or not, but it only lets me choose to mute it in one application. Once I say set it to mute in messages, it then gives me a second box to choose another application. But no matter what I try to choose, that second option then disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    I don't know if it's been mentioned yet or not, but it only lets me choose to mute it in one application. Once I say set it to mute in messages, it then gives me a second box to choose another application. But no matter what I try to choose, that second option then disappears.
    I don't have that problem, Moto - I can start with mute messages and do as many others as I like. Are you using Smart Alerts too? (I'm not) I wonder if that could make a difference.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 05-04-2009 at 04:33 PM.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    No, I'm not using smart alerts...I wonder if it has anything to do with the Storm OS. I had to disable compatibility mode in order for it to work properly.

Dunno. Maybe a Storm user can check it out for you.

Any Storm users out there who may be familiar with the Bell Share aps? Buzz, Popup and Smart Alerts? If so could you test out the problem that MotoUp's having from post #142?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluger View Post
    That is an interesting obervation. Was the e-mail opened in "read-only" mode or were you allowed to edit the message body (like on a reply/forward)?
    I'm pretty sure it was opened in "read-only" mode. It hasn't happened since this morning, but the next time it does, I will verify that.

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Maybe give Berry Buzz a try with the different color led's for different accounts. It's not expensive and it works good if you can get a "crutch" to remember the different colors.

UPDATE: Some of my Berry Buzz "crutches" are: green for Gmail, blue for sBcglobal, purple for Pinstack, turquiose for AlTel, orange for Other...you get the idea. Whatever works for you is what you use.
    I have BerryBuzz, but with Smaralerts, I'm just running out of colors
    Would be so much easier to see the email account name somewhere in the popup, at least from what I'm experiencing so far.

amf14 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm not sure if this about berrypop or due to the last SA update but when I get an SMS, the popup only shows the phone number and not the sender's name in the address book.

Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc View Post
    I have BerryBuzz, but with Smaralerts, I'm just running out of colors
    Would be so much easier to see the email account name somewhere in the popup, at least from what I'm experiencing so far.
    Including the regulars and the brights, there are 16 colors - that's more than the "crutches" I can come up with. Thankfully, I don't have THAT many email accounts.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluger View Post
    pfluger,

This just happened again. I clicked on the Stop Sign symbol to delete the message, but it opened just as if I had clicked on it in a message folder. It was NOT read-only, however as I was able to either reply or forward the message.

Cheers,
    Roger

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910