Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Needforspd, I 100% agree with you. I was just curious why the link would matter ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

uncleman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317BC293

Advertisement

Needforspd, I 100% agree with you. I was just curious why the link would matter if it won't d/l without the username/password that viigo gave out to testers. Anyway, thx again for the post.

needforspd no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ziminvades View Post
    I'm talking about the WES version. If you have that one (since it was made public to pinstackers) it will ask you to upgrade to 3.0.71. I did and now I'm finding out that it's the beta version? NDA is important but I didn't even read my email....I just updated my WES version. That didn't come with the NDA. I wouldn't post the link....that's a no,no
    It is a beta and releasing the link is against any forums rules.

Seriously, thanks needforspd. It is a good reminder. It's easy to slip.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Same here, I had the WES version. I upgraded as it asked and its the beta. I just figured that since I had orginally expressed interest in being a beta tester it dl'd the beta version and used my username or email to match up to their database. But I can see where youre going w/ this. Seems that maybe any user w/ the WES version is getting the beta as the upgrade. When you do upgrade youre sent an email and near the bottom is the NDA reminder. So who knows.
    IM BACK w/ a new BB 8220!

Do you have the need for speed? Then drive it like you stole it!

PIN me up @ 2576B06B

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    The beta is for new and old customers. You can still create a new account even with the beta. So it is very important not to release the link due to the fact that there is limited number of emails and if the downloads exceed the number of emails viigo will pull the plug and might not bless us with an opertunity to experience new products that are in developement-(deep breath, amen)~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

uncleman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317BC293
    Quote Originally Posted by bsjmcconnell View Post
    the password and login that was provided to you in the email was for the PC based "Beta Web Portal" not to download Viigo.

If you already have the WES version you should just need to open up your app and it will tell you that it needs to update.

If you have the old version, you goto the link to download provided in the email.

You still need to log into ViiGo with your Current Login and Password for the whole thing to work.
    Interesting, I had the WES version and didn't get a pop-up. I downloaded directly from my BB with the link in the email. I had to enter the username/password from the email before downloading and then, after it downloaded, I used my regular viigo username/password to set it up. Oh well, no worries as long as it worked. Thx

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    needforspd- I don't want it seem like I'm mocking you...you have a good point. It is a NDA beta and it was prabably over looked by almost everyone due to all the excitement. You pointed out a very important part of the email

needforspd no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ziminvades View Post
    needforspd- I don't want it seem like I'm mocking you...you have a good point. It is a NDA beta and it was prabably over looked by almost everyone due to all the excitement. You pointed out a very important part of the email
    No worries Zim. Not taking it as such.
    Just didnt want any fellow p-stackers going link crazy and getting themselves or PinStack in trouble.
    IM BACK w/ a new BB 8220!

Do you have the need for speed? Then drive it like you stole it!

PIN me up @ 2576B06B

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Quote Originally Posted by needforspd View Post
    No worries Zim. Not taking it as such.
    Just didnt want any fellow p-stackers going link crazy and getting themselves or PinStack in trouble.

I agree...i had to resit the temptation to post the OTA as well.....but, good judgement and the welness of the STACKS community got the better of me!
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

fCastle no está en línea Stack level 3
    So let me recap .71. News/rss are the same as WES. Audio/podcast is still dead. CFL is new but strangely placed seperate from sports. Weather is the same. Sports is slightly improved. Entertainment is active but only offers bplay. Travel and Local interests are still dead. Stocks and Finance is active but only allows the sample portfolio. Hmmm wow....

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    craving for the audio podcast option here!! 1hhehwehehehe
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." ~BLAISE PASCAL

rachaelp no está en línea Stack level 3
    I can't use the username and password given to login to the PC Beta, or download anything. I don't have the WES version. It's very odd and frustrating, but I will wait for them to e-mail me. I am sure they are busy, busy, busy!

Amahk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242B3987
    Quote Originally Posted by rachaelp View Post
    I can't use the username and password given to login to the PC Beta, or download anything. I don't have the WES version. It's very odd and frustrating, but I will wait for them to e-mail me. I am sure they are busy, busy, busy!
    well i don't feel too bad since it's not only me that has this problem.
    How do you know they will email you? Did you email them? If so what's the support email address for the beta since I'd like to email them also. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Amahk View Post
    well i don't feel too bad since it's not only me that has this problem.
    How do you know they will email you? Did you email them? If so what's the support email address for the beta since I'd like to email them also. Thanks!
    I just replied to the e-mail sent, and it appears to have gone through. It's a specific address for the group, not just an "info@" address.

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    it stated in the email to connect to the Beta Web Prtal to look for more info......but as of now is till cannot log into.

Someone post back as soon as you have logged on.

Amahk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242B3987
    Quote Originally Posted by rachaelp View Post
    I just replied to the e-mail sent, and it appears to have gone through. It's a specific address for the group, not just an "info@" address.
    Ahhh great thinking. I'll try that right now!

Yeah, I think we just have to wait it out for a little while. I waited this long for the Beta - I can wait another day.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast