Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 121

Originally Posted by Shel Visortgw Thanks for your assistance. However, you say " Find/highlight the ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

  1. #46
    visortgw's Avatar
    visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    205

    Re: Profile Switching Application Now Available

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by Shel
    Visortgw
    Thanks for your assistance.

    However, you say " Find/highlight the application in question".... the application in question is Profile Changer, and I"m not finding it under Options/Advanced Options/applications....

    Any idea?

    Thanks again
    Scan through the list of applications carefully -- the name might not appear exactly as you might expect. I can't say for sure as I don't have it installed -- it's a non-player for me due to the Keystroke Injection restrictions due to BES security policy.

    EDIT: Try looking for "BBProfiles" -- that is what the OTA installer calls the app.
    Last edited by visortgw; 09-06-2007 at 11:22 PM.

  2. #47
    Shel's Avatar
    Shel no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    309

    Re: Profile Switching Application Now Available

    Thanks visortgw
    Had to go into Profiles, and found the settings there.

    However, keystroke injection was allowed. Not sure what the problem is, I'll have to play around somemore.

    Thanks

  3. #48
    alai99's Avatar
    alai99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    37

    Re: Profile Switching Application Now Available

    Will be nice to be able to add custom profile that I create since the normal profile is too long in the office so rather than change the volume in the normal profile I create a "Low" profile myself to set everything to low. So it can let me choose the custom profile then I think this software will be good.

  4. #49
    mizzerrob's Avatar
    mizzerrob no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    76

    Re: Profile Switching Application Now Available

    Hi. Great program. However, I'm having some difficulty. I've created 2 rules - one for Daytime and one for Nightime. The duration for Daytime is 7am-7pm. The Nightime is 7:01pm-6:59am. Both are set for 7 days a week. During the Daytime hours, The Scheduler says "In Effect". When 7:01pm rolls around, it does not switch to my Nightime rule (which is Vibrate).

    Any suggestions?
    Last edited by mizzerrob; 09-07-2007 at 12:08 PM.

  5. #50
    vnnlove's Avatar
    vnnlove no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3

    Re: Profile Switching Application Now Available

    i can't download
    send to me zip file, pls
    thanks

  6. #51
    Shel's Avatar
    Shel no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    309

    Re: Profile Switching Application Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by mizzerrob
    Hi. Great program. However, I'm having some difficulty. I've created 2 rules - one for Daytime and one for Nightime. The duration for Daytime is 7am-7pm. The Nightime is 7:01pm-6:59am. Both are set for 7 days a week. During the Daytime hours, The Scheduler says "In Effect". When 7:01pm rolls around, it does not switch to my Nightime rule (which is Vibrate).

    Any suggestions?
    I set up a test, with a Profile rule to change my profile from Normal to Quiet, between a set time.

    It correctly changed the profile to Quiet at the start time, but it didn't change it back once the rule had expired.

    I assume it should have automatically returned my device to the Normal profile, after this rule expired?

    (Don't seem to be getting much or any feedback from the developers regarding these quiestions/issues...)
    '
    Can someone confirm if their device returned to it's previous state once a rule's time had expired, or do I need to set another rule to change it back (that wouldn't make much sense...)

    Thanks

  7. #52
    mayt0pak's Avatar
    mayt0pak no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    77

    Re: Profile Switching Application Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Shel
    I set up a test, with a Profile rule to change my profile from Normal to Quiet, between a set time.

    It correctly changed the profile to Quiet at the start time, but it didn't change it back once the rule had expired.

    I assume it should have automatically returned my device to the Normal profile, after this rule expired?

    (Don't seem to be getting much or any feedback from the developers regarding these quiestions/issues...)
    '
    Can someone confirm if their device returned to it's previous state once a rule's time had expired, or do I need to set another rule to change it back (that wouldn't make much sense...)

    Thanks
    I was expecting the same thing. I thought it will go back to the previous profile once the rule expired. But I think the app is design for us to make another rule if you want to go back to previous profile. It would be nice if they do that automatically. And also it would be nice to switch the profile while the BB is in the holster or locked because some of us uses holster and/or locked our BB.

  8. #53
    tfrankson's Avatar
    tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by mayt0pak
    I was expecting the same thing. I thought it will go back to the previous profile once the rule expired. But I think the app is design for us to make another rule if you want to go back to previous profile. It would be nice if they do that automatically. And also it would be nice to switch the profile while the BB is in the holster or locked because some of us uses holster and/or locked our BB.
    I wish it did in both cases. My ph is always lock so I still have to chk my profile since it will not chg w/o unlocking first. I might as well chg the profile myself.

  9. #54
    Shel's Avatar
    Shel no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    309

    Re: Profile Switching Application Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by mayt0pak
    I was expecting the same thing. I thought it will go back to the previous profile once the rule expired. But I think the app is design for us to make another rule if you want to go back to previous profile. It would be nice if they do that automatically.
    may
    If this is correct, why have an end time? What would be the difference between a rule which said change to quiet at 3pm, and end at 7pm, from a rule which said change to quiet Profile at 3pm and end at 3:15pm?

    Seems illogical, but that is how it seems it works (doesn't revert back to previous Profile setting)

    Anyone try it out and have it revert back to the previous profile after it implemented a rule?

    Thanks

  10. #55
    mdwheaton's Avatar
    mdwheaton no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    92

    Re: Profile Switching Application Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Shel
    may
    If this is correct, why have an end time? What would be the difference between a rule which said change to quiet at 3pm, and end at 7pm, from a rule which said change to quiet Profile at 3pm and end at 3:15pm?

    Seems illogical, but that is how it seems it works (doesn't revert back to previous Profile setting)

    Anyone try it out and have it revert back to the previous profile after it implemented a rule?

    Thanks
    The application will not revert to the previous profile after it has implemented a rule. There are a number of reasons for this. Unfortunately, due to the limitations of the BB API, I have no handle to what the "previous profile" was. Also, as it is, this approach allows you to create a "rule" that spans midnight. For instance, suppose you want a rule that goes from 11 PM to 7 AM and sets the OFF profile. Well, since the rules are designed for a day, they will not span overnight. The solution is to create a rule from 11PM to 12AM for the OFF profile. Then, the next rule you create starts at 7AM. Not having any rules from 12AM to 7AM leaves the OFF profile in effect overnight. Hopefully that makes sense.

    Sincerely,
    WCS BlackBerry Services

  11. #56
    mdwheaton's Avatar
    mdwheaton no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    92

    New Release Coming Soon

    Quote Originally Posted by vnnlove
    i can't download
    send to me zip file, pls
    thanks
    With the next release (hopefully before the end of the weekend), I'll have included a link to download the Desktop Manager installable version.

    There will also be a few bug fixes.
    • Better support for profile changes when taking the BlackBerry out of the holster of just after an auto-off/on event.
    • Fix for the exception when trying to assign a profile to a calendar event that has not yet been saved.
    Sincerely,
    WCS BlackBerry Services

  12. #57
    mdwheaton's Avatar
    mdwheaton no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    92

    Re: Profile Switching Application Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by alai99
    Will be nice to be able to add custom profile that I create since the normal profile is too long in the office so rather than change the volume in the normal profile I create a "Low" profile myself to set everything to low. So it can let me choose the custom profile then I think this software will be good.
    Custom profile support coming soon. Not in the next release, but soon thereafter .

    Sincerely,
    WCS BlackBerry Services

  13. #58
    mdwheaton's Avatar
    mdwheaton no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    92

    Re: Profile Switching Application Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Klotar
    As far as I am able to tell, the program never closes, but rather goes into the background. That is, as long as the scheduler has been activated. So even if I use Menu and Close, it shows as running on the ribbon display.
    The program runs on startup and remains in the background. The profile will still switch even when the program is "Closed".

    Sincerely,
    WCS BlackBerry Services

  14. #59
    mdwheaton's Avatar
    mdwheaton no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    92

    Re: Profile Switching Application Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Shel
    Phone caller
    Suggestion: Could you add a "Use one time only" menu choice on the create rules page?

    If I"m going into a movie later in the day, and I know the movie starts at 3pm and ends at 5:10pm, I want to create a profile change for that time period, but I do NOT want it to change again next week on the same day of the week, at the same time!

    I realize the workaround is to create an appointment for the movie, and then link the Profile Change to the appointment, but obviously, this is much more work then simply checking a "Use only once" box when creating the Profile Rule!
    Great idea !!
    Makes the list right after custom profile support.

    Sincerely,
    WCS BlackBerry Services

  15. #60
    mdwheaton's Avatar
    mdwheaton no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    92

    Re: Profile Switching Application Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Paian
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    Dl it... But wasn't even able to start
    Keep on giving me error msg

    I am using 8700r
    What error message exactly are you receiving?

    Sincerely,
    WCS BlackBerry Services

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •