I've had my 8700g from T-Mobile for 3 days now and I still can't get ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Clatey no está en línea Stack level 1

Problems with the IM app

Advertisement

I've had my 8700g from T-Mobile for 3 days now and I still can't get the IM application working. No matter which service (AIM/MSN) I try logging into the status bar only gets to 20% and stops with the error message "Communication error. Please try again or check your settings." I have changed AVN under Options->Advanced Options->TCP to wap.voicestream.com already, but that seemed to do nothing.
    Also, after attempting to login to one of the IMs, I get a very cryptic message everytime ("Successful" being the only readable word). Is there any way to stop this message from being sent every time I even attempt to log into one of the IM programs? Thank you all in advance for any help you can offer.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Problems with the IM app

What IM program are you using? The Tmo one that is downloaded onto the BB or another 3rd party App, like IM+, Ramble, Verichat, or YakOn? Are you on BES or BIS? These can all make a difference.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

t that is an issue will all imbeded clients.. if they thik you are logged on under your phone still they wont allow you to log back on.. all are easy to fix but the AIM one.. since with AIM you can log on in multiple locations.. as far as AIM goes i prefer ramble i like it much better cause it differentiates between mobile/pc people away/available/idle for the yahoo MSN and icq if you ever have that problem jsut log into the system threw their web based messanger service then back out.. make sure you log out and dont jsut X out of the application.. then log in on your phone and it should work

Clatey no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you for your responses. I was using the Tmobile instant messager that had AIM/Yahoo/ICG/MSN. I hadn't realized it was SMS based either, so thanks. I downloaded and installed Ramble since AIM is the IM app I use most often, and it's working like a charm. Thank you.
    Clatey

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Glad to hear it is working
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr