Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've been using slacker on my storm but to no avail! I used to be ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0

Thumbs down Problems with Slacker!

Advertisement

I've been using slacker on my storm but to no avail! I used to be able to use flycast a bit but found slacker a whole lot nicer.

However.

I just signed up for an account, set up my stations, and let my phone cache them onto the memory card for the last 4 hours.. 10 Stations, 100 songs each. This feature supposedly lets me play those songs without data service and so on... but all I get is a nonstop cycle through album artwork, artist, and song titles...

No Music! and for an annual price of about $50 - I better get ma music!

Anyone know of a solution of some sort?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    My understanding it that it doesn't really cache the music to your media card until you plug in your BB via USB cable. Did you do that? If not, give that a try and see if it caches the music.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    yea that was the part that took 4 hours!

OK. I started to try it recently but my msg alert stopped the broadcast - it doesn't start back automatically - and I got frustrated and sidetracked and quit. I don't have an answer for you. Some of these users have tried it all. You've probably seen the other threads but if not there may be some help for you on this other thread here.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    sure thing i'll check it out

PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    no luck =(

PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    does anyone know if I uninstall and reinstall slacker if it will clear my cached stations?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Yes it will~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

shanad no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319E1181
    I like slacker. I have no problems with it.

oneilgur no está en línea Stack level 1
    Slacker radio dont work for me when i try to koad it dont even start i saw a guy with same phone and it works for him. I have curve 8320
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by oneilgur View Post
    Slacker radio dont work for me when i try to koad it dont even start i saw a guy with same phone and it works for him. I have curve 8320
    oneilgur,

Be aware that Slacker may take a little longer than usual to start up the 1st time. It should work on your 8320. Do you get an error msg? Can you browse the internet OK? Give us some more clues and we'll see if we can get you going.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Slacker is definately slow, on edge network with about 3 bars... I was putitng it on my wifes phone last night, and it took like 20 minutes to start it, find 3 stations, and turn on caching for them, ouch...... then we hooked it up to usb on the pc and it ran fine, took about 40 minutes for 3 stations...

I also have it on the bold and it works awesome on wifi at home... but i cache 4 stations for while I am at work.. I didnt have any problems though with getting either phone to set up and work.

I also found that you can create a station, like you can on pandora (but im going to compare it and see if it has as many artist before i dump pandora
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by BradBlick View Post
    does anyone know if I uninstall and reinstall slacker if it will clear my cached stations?
    I must be the luckiest person using a BB.
    It never deletes my caches (on memory card).

A new Slacker 2.0 has been released for the Storm.

http://www.slacker.com/
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    It deleted mine when i hooked up to DM for the first time and did the backup and update for the first time

Edit blah actually I forgot, it doesnt delete it, you just have to go to the station again, tell it to add to cached stations (it might work from here i dunno) but then when i hooked up to USB it flew through 2 of the stations I had cached, so it was still there, just couldnt use it untill i re set up slacker.
    Last edited by rashard; 06-05-2009 at 07:39 PM.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

fox581 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Slacker is great on desktop but really slow on the blackberry had to uninstall eats up to much memory. For now going to stick with pandora

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast