Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've been trying to get Opera 3.0 Beta to run as well and have the ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

GaryD no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

I've been trying to get Opera 3.0 Beta to run as well and have the same exact situation you have listed above and same problems. 2.0 didnt work either. Installed/uninstalled, removed battery for reboot - etc, etc. Everything else works for me w/paid TMO full internet access. I checked internal settings of the Pearl and just like the TMO tech (California) said - they have it set to "blackberry.net" and NOT "internet2.voicestream.com" or wap.voicestream.net" I tried those anyway and they didnt work. I'm trying to find out where to put the PORT setting again - TMO said its 8080. I NEED HELP! Thanks in advance to anyone who can help us!

Drwebber no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Problems with RambleIM & Opera Mini

I'm having a problem with ramble IM as well. Same thing with a new Blackberry pearl any help would be great.

stormyone no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by floodcasso2
    ok i also tried a couple of other IM clients and they are no good as well. This is so strange because I have no problem recieving or sending email, recieving or sending SMS or MMS messages, using the included web browser, using the included IM client, no problem using blackberry maps, or even using google maps! the only things that wont work properly are ramble and Opera, both of which i've removed, restarted and then reinstalled a few times now. Even including both the Hi and Low mem versions of opera. I am totally baffled, and i just spent 20 minutes on the phone with t-mobile tech support who didnt even know what i was talking about! argh. Could my phone be faulty? Could there be something in the T-mo firmware locking me out? my os version is 4.2.0.42 which came with the phone.
    I feel your pain... I have had the same problem with opera since upgrading the OS which t-mobile prompted me to do..... so now I can't get opera to work, not can I turn that darn autodim feature off..... annoying does not even sum up what I am feeling now.....

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    did u guys try going into options>advanced options>applications and scrolling down to opera and ramble and edit permissions...i was having trouble connecting with opera mini and once I changed the connection permission to allow instead of custom I got opera to connect....dont use ramble so not sure about that

Bellidansa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask
    As of late, that is what I am doing...none of my 3rd part software is working, and it is going on 2 weeks....even this is unusual for me....

csa819 no está en línea Stack level 2
    OK- I too have a Pearl, but no problems. The 1st 3rd party app I putin was CalendarShare, whose help menu fixed the connection problem I had with that. Try >options>advanced options>TCP enter wap.voicestream.com leave the password and user name blank. Save. Reset. Then try the apps again. Also make sure your permissions are set to allow connections for the programs in question. You might alsowantto doublecheck that the versions of the programs in question are the versions compatible with the Pearl.

still.savage no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same problem and even after trying: options>advanced options>applications and scrolling down to opera and editing permissions... allow instead of custom - still cant get opera to connect - seems I have the same problem as a number of users without there being a regular fix??

Bellidansa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask

It has been a 4 months and I have since given up on both.....

I consider myself to be an experienced person when it came to downloading 3rd party software, considering the NUMEROUS times of replacing BB's I knew this senerio inside and out.....

Well so I thought......done everything including kissing the sky and no dice..I cannot even start up my verichat......let me at least get the remaining of the 8 months left I got on it !

Ooh well....what is.... it is......

ShadowNetworks no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey man, I'm new here too... same problems as you. Make SURE your TLS setting are set to HANDHELD, not PROXY. This should clear up the problem nice and easy. Leave the APN as wap.voicestream.com

Hope that helps!

~Matt
    AIM ShadowNtwrks - you can find me here when you get on!

lyonske no está en línea Stack level 1

I was also unable to use Opera Mini after adjusting the TCP settings. I found that uninstalling Opera Mini and reinstalling the app (after entering the TCP setting) took care of the issue. I believe the auto configuration tool depends on these TCP settings being established (and correct) when the application is installed.
    Last edited by lyonske; 07-26-2007 at 02:52 AM.

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

this ramble isnt workimg for me either

raje311 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by husnain1
    did u guys try going into options>advanced options>applications and scrolling down to opera and ramble and edit permissions...i was having trouble connecting with opera mini and once I changed the connection permission to allow instead of custom I got opera to connect....dont use ramble so not sure about that
    I had same problem on bb pearl but just now started working after folow this. Permission to Allow on all..very good post..thanks

ElRavenNegro no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm having the exact same problems. I'll follow all the advice here and get back to you guys.

By the way, where can i find the TLS settings?

daggerdragon no está en línea Stack level 1

Yeah, I'm having problems getting JiveTalk AND Opera Mini AND the default tzones browser to all play nicely in the sandbox together.

Quote Originally Posted by ElRavenNegro
    I'm having the exact same problems. I'll follow all the advice here and get back to you guys.

By the way, where can i find the TLS settings?
    Options > Security > TLS

robestlund no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12