Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey what's up everyone. This is my first post here, and the pearl is my ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

floodcasso2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Problems with RambleIM & Opera Mini

Advertisement

Hey what's up everyone. This is my first post here, and the pearl is my first blackberry. I have to say I absolutely love it and im totally addicted!

Beyond that I'm having a problem.

I've installed Ramble and Opera Mini and have been unable to use either.

I have full bars of service and my phone shows EDGE (all caps) on the screen so i know my data functions are working. Yes, I have a blackberry data plan with t-mobile.

I have set my TCP to be wap.voicestream.com with no username and password, and under some advice i also tried putting my phone number and my my-tmobile password in also. However, currently I have wap.voicestream.com in my APN and no user name or pass. Neither do the job and niether RambleIM or Opera will work. However, Google maps functions perfectly. Im currently using the OEM T-mobile OS on it, does this have any bearing? I have also tried setting the security permissions on both programs to "allow all" can anyone advise what I should do? I dont want to be using up my text messages using the built in IM client. HELP!
    Last edited by cp6169; 11-01-2006 at 05:20 PM.

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

Re: Problems with RambleIM & Opera Mini

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Have you tried a hard reset (removing the battery and putting it back)?

FLIPP_96 no está en línea Stack level 2

Also try internet2.voicestream.com. You are using TMO?

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~its funny because I seen a thread regarding this same situation a few days ago.if removing the battery doesn't solve the problem, make sure you downloaded the right version of opera.

I had the same issue with the configs before when I first downloaded opera, but then I realized I downloaded the version for the 7100 series, good luck and let us know how it turns out!

Hi everyone. Tried pulling the battery, but no good. Also tried that alternate setting but that didn't help. This is a problem with both opera and ramble. Yes I have t mobile with a data plan. Any other ideas? This is frustrating! Lol ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Did you ok the connection when you first ran the programs? If you didn't you might have to reinstall the programs.

What do you mean? I was never prompted to accept anything~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Most programs that need to connect to the internet need you to allow the connection the first time. Yahoo Im BBweather Google Maps etc...need you to allow the connection the first time it runs.

Yes google maps prompted me but ramble didn't, even after reinstall. What do I do?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i'm not sure. Sorry

Thanks for the help. I get the error message "invalid connection string unable to open connection"~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Is your Pearl firewalled?

skip00319 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d051c6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~when I installed opera mini I didn't have a choice in what program. It was a one program fits all. Try to find that one. With the ramble try again tomorrow. That sometimes works.

The firewall is disabled and im not on an enterprise server so there are no restrictions there. I dont get it

ok i also tried a couple of other IM clients and they are no good as well. This is so strange because I have no problem recieving or sending email, recieving or sending SMS or MMS messages, using the included web browser, using the included IM client, no problem using blackberry maps, or even using google maps! the only things that wont work properly are ramble and Opera, both of which i've removed, restarted and then reinstalled a few times now. Even including both the Hi and Low mem versions of opera. I am totally baffled, and i just spent 20 minutes on the phone with t-mobile tech support who didnt even know what i was talking about! argh. Could my phone be faulty? Could there be something in the T-mo firmware locking me out? my os version is 4.2.0.42 which came with the phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast