Well, I reinstalled the OS with the little hack for the Zen theme, and now ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Problems installing new software/themes

Advertisement

Well, I reinstalled the OS with the little hack for the Zen theme, and now it seems my desktop manager is very selective about what it will install. Some themes and programs work fine. Others for instance will show in the desktop manager, but under the action column, it says none, where it should say install. But I can't seem to do anything to fix it. And others will install, but will not appear in my icons, only under the applications list in the options. Any thoughts, help? Should I revert back to where I started and forget about the zen theme? Any problems like this?

dwella no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2038FB36

Re: Problems installing new software/themes

Which upgrade did you do? the bharti or telstra? I did the bharti and have had no issues and would recomend reinstall.

d

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I used the Bharti. I followed the exact instructions as they were posted on here:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...light=zen+8700

Is there a step I may have missed? Or are there programs/themes that are not compatible with the upgrade/hack.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I think I know one thing I may have missed, But I don't see it affecting it. I did the Backup before starting, but I didn't do a restore, I'll give it a shot, but I don't see that affecting it.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

If you have the newer Tmo 8700 you don't have to install a new OS, at least I did not. I just opened a text file and deleted the vendor makring on the zen theme.

I would try a reinstall. I really love the Zen on my 8700.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    If you have the newer Tmo 8700 you don't have to install a new OS, at least I did not. I just opened a text file and deleted the vendor makring on the zen theme.

I would try a reinstall. I really love the Zen on my 8700.
    Yes I agree, the Zen is awsome!!

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~is there any way to get the Zen theme with out the use of a pc? If there is can someone let me know? I'd really like to check it out. I have the new 8700g with tmo. Thanks

Not that I know of.
    A thread on the Zen 8700 is here - http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...light=zen+8700
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~sadly I have no pc. I know its sad *hangs head* but I just don't have one yet. Thanks for the fast reply.

NO PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wow, you are an odd one.
    I couldn't live with out my PC and my BB
    My Blog , My Flickr

dwella no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2038FB36

Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin
    I think I know one thing I may have missed, But I don't see it affecting it. I did the Backup before starting, but I didn't do a restore, I'll give it a shot, but I don't see that affecting it.
    Sorry I didnot ask whether you had a c or g? I have the c so the step x step worked great and I don't know of a program that doesn't work with it. I did hear some grumbles about bbweather but I don't use that. If you have the g it really is as simple as unlocking the zen with a file.

d

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by dwella
    Sorry I didnot ask whether you had a c or g? I have the c so the step x step worked great and I don't know of a program that doesn't work with it. I did hear some grumbles about bbweather but I don't use that. If you have the g it really is as simple as unlocking the zen with a file.

d
    I have the g. That must be the rub. How would I get it back to the original T-Mobile OS then? The desktop manager cd that came with the phone?