OK, this is an interesting situation right from the start. I don't know how this ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

likethewrap no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F2A0C2

Problem with yellowpagesmobile app...help!

Advertisement

OK, this is an interesting situation right from the start. I don't know how this app ever got on my 88 to begin with. What's better, I can't get the damn thing off. AppLoader doesn't see it and there's no way to get rid of it on the device level.

It's odd, I open the app and it just gives me the option to agree to a EULA. If you click on agree it takes you to a site to download the app. If you click I do not agree, it takes you to blackberry.com. WTF?

Any ideas?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    There is another thread going on this. Delete the Service Book for the app and then pull the battery.

likethewrap no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F2A0C2
    haha, easy enough. Thanks.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I didn't check out your profile but are you with AT&T? After I rebooted my 8820 yesterday it was "on" my bb also I tried the app out. It just doesn't hold a candle to Poynt so I deleted it.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pdnmiami no está en línea Stack level 1
    Very interesting indeed.. this app just appeared on my phone yesterday afternoon around 2:00pm EST.

I looked everywhere for how it would have gotten there and determied it was by no fault of mine so I just deleted the service book entry and Poof it was gone.

Is ATT pushing out new service books or is it the BES/BIS server. The reason I'm asking is because on my pearl I didn't get the App, and the Pearl is on ATT BIS. The Curve is on the Work BES server and it is the one that got it. Both are running 4.x.x.81 OS.

Ash07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    that's weird i just had the same problem...kept wondering how this app got into my bb too and i tried deleting it but it wasn't in the app list...how do i go to delete the service book for this app to get it out my BB ?? thanks ..

Don't have my device in front of me, but I believe the key sequence is Options>Advanced Options>Service Book. Either that or Options>Security Options>Service Book.

ablefton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a0f56c
    I had the same problem; poof and the YllowPages app was on my 8800. I have no idea wher it came from; but www.yellowpages.com is pushing this poor excuse for an app. Deleting the service book works. Also, I suggest peppering their web site w/complaints. I contributed mine. I'm on ATT. Any other svc providers have this problem?

Nope, just us lucky ones on AT&T. Deleting the Service Book is only a temporary fix as it will reappear on your next reboot.

Unless you've registered the app, it's just an icon and doesn't use any resources. I just hid the icon.