Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I can log into Pinstack --either with or without the launcher. After being redirected, however, ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

Problem with Pinstack Launcher/Pinstack

Advertisement

I can log into Pinstack --either with or without the launcher. After being redirected, however, pinstack.com doesn't know I've logged in. Anywhere I go that requires login/membership is denied me while on the 8100. I'm being automagically logged out, apparently. How does this get fixed?
    ...Yogich

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Problem with Pinstack Launcher/Pinstack

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~actually I would try to delete the application. And redownload it here. http://ota.pinstack.com

Quote Originally Posted by jkai2188
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~actually I would try to delete the application. And redownload it here. http://ota.pinstack.com
    Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately... :-\

Still the same problem. Fact is, too, that since I installed/deleted the pinstack loader, I can't stay logged in via the 'GoTo' option in the menu, either. Prior to the loader installation, I did stay logged in at least one time. In the interim, I had reloaded the OS for a different problem but had, on the rare occasion, managed to stay logged in a couple other times. It's totally weird.
    ...Yogich

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

I have had the problem for ages and cannt remember if when i first loaded it did it ask for my password and ID. Might have and this info is saved somewhere on the phone, maybe someone with a better memory can confrim this.
    Now i can only view Pinstack at work which is a drag

CustomDuals no está en línea Stack level 2

I have the same problem on line.

I go to a different thread and it again asks me for my password and to LOG IN. I'm ALREADY logged in.

Some message about . . . "if you've lost you're password, click here."

At that point I just go to another forum.

It does not always happen, but enought so that it's starting to be irritating.

I deleted Pinstack Launcher on my BB becasuse is got sooooooooooooo tired of it asking me to "log in."

It's just not worth the irritation.

CD

Quote Originally Posted by CustomDuals
    I have the same problem on line.

I go to a different thread and it again asks me for my password and to LOG IN. I'm ALREADY logged in.

<SNIP>

It's just not worth the irritation.

CD
    Well, at least I now know that this is a 'known problem'... and I had already written to Haydn, some time back ...but the problem still isn't fixed. I share yours & Vince1's sentiments --or you share mine. Whatever. lol . I am not very often near a regular PC, sometimes, so have to create reminders if I want to check something. What a PITB. :-(
    ...Yogich

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

As jkai mentions above, try redownloading the OTA application. Are you running the latest OS on your 8100 Yogich?
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl
    As jkai mentions above, try redownloading the OTA application. Are you running the latest OS on your 8100 Yogich?
    I am running the latest & greatest(?) v4.2.1.107 from T-Mobile, and pinstack.com cannot decide whether or not I am logged in when using the launcher. I logged in, was redirected and, unlike prior, was still logged in after the redirection ...BUT ONLY as long as I was in the forums! As soon as I went to the OTA download page, I was told I could access it ONLY after either logging in or becoming a member!! This behaviour is totally ridiculous --especially the 16 cookies I ended up with during this process. :-\ lol

In addition to all the above, I kept seeing 'Yogich' on the page, but down the page a bit was also the login info boxes ...as if I had to still log in a 2nd time. I'd go to another section of the site, not see 'Yogich', then when I went to still another place, I would again see 'Yogich' which indicates, it would seem, that pinstack.com doesn't know whether or not I am still logged in from the BB. Totally weird!

Now, prior to installing the launcher... I logged in, was redirected, and was told I had to log in. There were 2 cookies listed and pinstack.com was the only site whose data was in cache or cookie jar.

The bottom line seems to be that there is a bug, somewhere on this site, given other peoples' inability to also stay logged in. It seems to be surrounding the 'redirection page' but is not isolated to that, alone. (I am willing to try and help in the debugging process, if need be. Indeed, this is what I used to do in the computer software world. ;-))

[Addendum: I would very much like to get the Yahoo Messenger which does not cause one to pay for SMS, but unless & until this problem is fixed, I --along with others having this problem-- cannot download ANY OTA software at all!!]

Thanks in advance for any & all help, lavagirl...
    Last edited by Yogich; 09-15-2007 at 02:57 PM.
    ...Yogich

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

I've had the same problem...but thought it would be fixed by now.....I just dont download anything lol but it can be very irritating to keep logging in!!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

I have the same problem. #1 I log in and when I click on something it asks me to log in (ALL THE TIME!) #2 everytime I try to download the launcher I get a blank screen No matter how long I wait it remains blank.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Working on the 3 test BB's i have here. GOing to try it on another later

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

make sure to use the "remember" when signing in.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hey its finally working, look!

I don't know about the rest of the respondents, but I always took the 'Remember' to be for when one closed the browser --without cleaning cache/cookies, of course-- and went back to the site at a later time ...and I never associated it with a current login! This is very good to know (assuming it works for me, as well)!

Many thanks, Hayden (in advance of my own trial login, next time). :-)
    Last edited by Yogich; 09-15-2007 at 05:29 PM.
    ...Yogich

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Alright! That did it for me, as well. First time I've seen a 'Save' in that context, I believe. (grin). Learned something!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast