Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I have a problem. I just purchased ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Pearl Fiend no está en línea Stack level 2

Problem with MobiPocket

Advertisement

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I have a problem. I just purchased an item from MobiPocket for 5.99. I have been told that an eBook is an eBook and that it will work on any device. However, I can not get it to go on to my AppLoader!!! It says XML Syntax error line 1, and then that there are no additional apps for my device!!! What am I doing wrong here? I am on the Pearl 8100. I have the reader on my device but this is the first time I have tried to put something on it. PLEASE help.
    Thanks you all!
    -PeArL fIeNd-

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    If you baought it through your PC you should be able to load it through the Mobi Desktoip Reader, I don't believe you can load it through your BB Desktop Manager, at least I have never done that. YOu could also log into Mobipocke via your BB Browser> access your account and then DL the book OTA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    4029C610
    ADDITION*****

You can DL the desktop version for free at Mobipocket website

I do not have data as of now, however getting the Desktop reader seems to be the trick. You're a life saver mcconnell THANK YOU!
    -PeArL fIeNd-

PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Your Welcome

Post Back and let me know how it works out!!!

Mcconnell new issue. I got the book onto the desktop reader. I sent it to my pearl and it says that there is an error during the transfer, I have enough memory even though I am soft reseting now to be sure. Do you know why this might be?
    -PeArL fIeNd-

PIN/ID
    4029C610
    I have had this happen before, you need to make sure that the Desktop Reader and the one installed on your Berry are the most updated version. Usually when you connect the Berry to the Desktop via USB it will let you know that one or the other needs to be updated. If you have the latest versions of both I would try doing a hard reset on your Blackberry I.e a battery pull and then before you hook your berry back up to the USB start the Desktop of your Mobi Reader. Once the Reader is up and running hook up your berry with the USB cable, it should auto sync once connected, and hopefully complete the DL.

Post back with anymore problems!

Mcconnell, do you know the most updated version of Mobi for the actual Blackberry Reader? I checked my reader and it says version 6.0 build 069. On my laptop the version is version 6.2 build 608. I found these by using the "about" option on both. Is this the issue?
    -PeArL fIeNd-

PIN/ID
    4029C610
    i have on my desktop 6.2.607 and on my handheld 6.0.0.069 so both should work together, try a hard reset and then start you Desktop version then connect your BB via USB and start the auto-sync...
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

Hard Reset is a physical battery pull, correct? Oh and Mcconnell are your eBooks on a memory card? Could that be my issue at hand here? I do not have a memory card.
    -PeArL fIeNd-

PIN/ID
    4029C610
    You Got It....that is your Best Friend
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

Did you get the 2nd part of my previous post?
    -PeArL fIeNd-

PIN/ID
    4029C610
    They dont have to be on a memory card but it is HIGHLY recommended, Blackberrys are notorious for being scarce on memory so it is usually a good idea to load anything like an ebook on the SD Micro card, but it is not a have to....
    ----Woody Hayes

PIN/ID
    4029C610
    if you have a SD Micro card you need to "Auto Enable the Mass Storage device when connected" to NO under your Options>Media Card menu
    ----Woody Hayes

PIN/ID
    4029C610
    If you search Ebay. or Amazon you can find an inexpensive card for around $20.00 and it is about 2gb.....but as stated before you don't HAVE to have the card but it is recommended
    ----Woody Hayes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast